When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a member of our Customer Care team, you have the opportunity to support and solve our customers’ inquiries that ultimately contribute to the success of our business. Our Customer Care Representatives provide exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment with internal and external contacts via inbound and outbound phone calls, email and live chat.
Our Customer Care Representatives have some scheduling requirements that you should be aware of:
- Our hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- As a Full-Time team member, you would be expected to work 40 hours per week on an shifts, based on business needs.
- Full-Time work schedules may include voluntary overtime hours.
What will you do?
- Support our internal and external customers resolving with following types of requests:
- Processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery, billing questions as well as returns and cancellations
- Responsible for resolving customer complaints and escalates issues as appropriate with the goal of first call resolution
- Answers product or service inquiries, troubleshoots and supports our customers in facilitating communication for technical assistance as required
- Partners with other departments within Thermo Fisher Scientific and with our suppliers to find solutions for both internal and external customers
- Follows established performance metrics including but not limited to quality standards, after call work (ACW), adherence (ADH) and follow-up on all actions in accordance with departmental standards
- Assists in working to increase revenue by offering substitutes and / or alternative products where applicable
How will you get here?
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working in an office environment a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work remotely.
- Ability to pass a keyboard assessment with a score of 6,000 KPH with 90% accuracy.
- Proficient in the basic use of PCs including Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and strong typing skills
- Highly developed sense of urgency and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to problem solve customer issues via telephone and email
- Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Organizational skills, time management skills and ability to multi-task
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.