Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Role: Customer Insights Manager
Location: Kitchener preferred but telecommuting / remote from anywhere in US or Canada OK
We are What We’re Looking For:
- A savvy Customer Insights Manager to join the Design organization at NetSuite. We’re flexible on location.
- Someone with proven success in driving value from qualitative and quantitative research.
- A professional with experience in wrangling research findings across an organization so stakeholders can take action on those insights to improve the customer experience.
- A thought leader who can help influence product strategy.
What you’ll do:
Collaborate with other stakeholders throughout the organization who are responsible for research: Business Intelligence (BI), Competitive Intelligence (CI), Market Intelligence (MI), Product Management, Professional Services, and Customer Success (Support, Training and User Assistance).
Collect findings from these research activities across the organization and be the custodian of the data in a central research repository.
Curate sets of actionable insights through analysis of the research collection to find patterns, themes, and universal issues and opportunities.
Communicate insights with stakeholders to affect change; be relentlessly proactive about socializing actionable insights throughout the organization.
Contribute to the review and analysis of research activities with other researchers.
Conduct, on occasion, your own specific research activities (propose, plan, execute, and deliver findings).
Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 8 years working in the field of UX research doing both qualitative and quantitative research.
- A substantial portfolio showcasing a range of past research activities.
- Extensive experience planning and executing research methodologies including customer visits, requirements gathering activities, surveys, formative and summative usability evaluations.
- Proven success in helping stakeholders formulate a meaningful research question to be answered. Ask the right question at the right time.
- Proven success in identifying the appropriate research methodology to answer any given research question.
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative. Ability to self-direct and manage what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high-profile projects in a fast-paced organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, and presentation skills.
- Competence with research tools such as UserZoom.
- Nice to have: experience with operationalizing Design Thinking processes in organizations.
- Wear many hats: thrive in a very fluid, fast-paced, and ambiguous environment.
- Be collaborative: work across the organization both in and outside of product.
- Seek out clarity and if it’s not there, find it.
- See the forest from the trees: connect distinct components to the larger picture.
- Be comfortable with change; be an agent of change when the need is recognized.
- Embrace ambiguity: we strive for clarity, but accept undefined is the default state.
- Be unconstrained by role definition: contribute wherever needed to make the organization successful.
We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on premise systems.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.