Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to the owner community by acting as the champion for estimating and quoting Labor & Materials (L&M) and small retrofit technical solutions. Assist with building long term customer relationships/partnerships with owner accounts by partnering with the Sales team. Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations and sales partners. Drives customer satisfaction to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationships by qualifying and closing quoted opportunities. Utilizes quoting tools to prepare, present and finalize quote opportunities. Provides coaching and training to Technicians and Sales on estimating, selling and using the quote tool for L&M and small retrofits. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings sold with owner accounts. Actively participates in all developmental and training activities and programs to gain knowledge of the JCI product and service offering.
How you will do it:
- Responsible for inbound customer quote calls. Generates quotes for Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to owner accounts. Manages multiple, ongoing, opportunities by receiving, reviewing and processing quotes to customer’s specifications. Partners with Sales team for quotes that are larger in scope.
- Demonstrates technical and business expertise by providing information on our products and services and maintains a high level of credibility. Effectively estimates, writes, and presents proposals. Able to go to job sites to identify opportunities, estimate and quote without assistance.
- Partners with Sales to ensure full understanding of the sales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of advancing the sell. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer’s operational need and favorably position Johnson Controls.
- Follows up on all open quotes. Utilizes applicable tools effectively to plan and document quoted opportunities. Manages the high activity of the pipeline with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close as well as other pertinent pipeline information. Manages to Branch targets for quotes and closure.
- Provides training and coaching on the use of applicable tools, finance training, sales soft skills training and GM%, fees, etc. to allow the Technicians to finalize and deliver quotes directly to the customer.
- Partner with Sales on quoting to provide coaching on using the tool so they feel comfortable generating quotes. Build a relationship between the field and Sales organization for future partnering on PSA opportunities and larger retrofit opportunities.
- Place purchase orders with vendors based on execution needs for quote completion.
- Assist both internal and external customers on warranty related issues.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related discipline preferred or equivalent field experience.
- Five (5) years minimum hands on HVAC field experience required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business. Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.