WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
The Service Associate I is responsible for assisting in the operations of the Automotive Branch Facility. The core function of this job includes assisting with inside customer service. The Service Associate will make certain the branch provides the highest level of Trademark Customer Service.
The core responsibilities and duties associated with this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Make delivery of product as needed ensuring customers’ quality and service expectations are met.
- Conduct self in professional manner to ensure customers’ quality and service expectations are met.
- Prepare paint orders, including accurate mixing and/or shading, utilizing standard formulas and custom formulas.
- Adhere to company safety standards at all times.
- Load merchandise to ensure safety and security.
- Assist with inside customer service, as needed, including servicing customers and/or processing their orders.
- Operate vehicle in accordance with all state and federal laws while maintaining an acceptable personal driving record.
- Answer telephone in a professional manner, answering questions knowledgeably and/or take customers order.
- Maintain company truck. Alert manager as to truck’s repair and servicing needs.
- Clean and maintain all areas and equipment as assigned.
- Assist with customer order preparation
- Properly dispose of waste cans and product in compliance with Company and Governmental regulations.
- Assist staff with branch inventories.
- Process sales transactions using Point of Sale computer and Company guidelines
- Give immediate attention to customer comments and complaints and advise Branch Manager of such
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
- Must be able to work all scheduled hours as required which may include evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year in customer service related position
- Experience in an automotive related industry
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal
- May operate materials handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, etc.) Training will be provided if required to operate this equipment