Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position primarily provides support to Customer Care groups through the planning, development and implementation of telephony oriented technology and analytical tasks, assignments and initiatives. This includes performing a variety of analyses and evaluations requiring coordination and communication with various Customer Care Groups, IT Groups, telephony component vendors, as well as external regulatory agencies and professional industry associations. Work entails the review and recommendations regarding design and development changes or upgrades to telephony systems. Identifies opportunities for business process improvements. Develops, runs and analyzes data requests from existing customer Information Technology (IT) systems including various data marts and data warehouses. Develops and documents technical specifications, test plans and implementation plans for system/process related work requests or projects. Collaborates with IT to enhance IT systems to make business practices more efficient and economical. Works with users and service providers / vendors to determine desired performance levels and establish measures necessary to monitor goals. Maintain positive working relationship with vendors and perform vendor management activities as directed.
- Supports development and maintenance of management and information systems which schedule and estimate work, monitor field/staff progress towards Customer Care financial and operational goals and objectives.
- Supports studies to identify Customer Care management related issues regarding the various aspects of serving customers and recommends solutions to identified problems.
- Coordinates personnel, develops schedules and evaluates work plans to support assignments, testing needs and project management as required.
- Review proposed or existing methods, policies, procedures and/or technologies related to Customer Care activities.
- Contributes to the assessment and improvements to systems, procedures and computer applications related to Customer Care operations.
- Supports the production of Customer Care financial and operational management reports which include detailed quantitative analysis of data, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams that affect customer service processes and customer systems, as well as various data marts and data warehouses.
- Provides assistance to various Customer Care training functions for developing instruction/training.
- Research regulatory and law enforcement agency requests in a timely and accurate manner providing information to appropriate parties.
- Build relationships with vendors to understand objectives and priorities through regular meetings, review of SLAs and resolution of escalated issues.
- Maintain working knowledge of vendor applications and systems to ensure the needs of Eversource are being met and the solutions being offered by the vendor can be integrated into the Eversource infrastructure, operations and corporate standards.
- Serve as a liaison between internal business partners and external vendors to ensure accurate information is exchanged and business objectives are met.
- Act as escalation point for issues relating to vendor oversight, technical support or general operational needs for services or applications provided by external vendors. Take immediate action to remedy issues and manage through to resolution clearly communicating status updates on a timely basis.
- Oversee and coordinate any IVR outbound campaigns based on requests initiated from the business including set up, testing and implementation.
- Provide “on call” support by serving as primary point of contact for IVR or telephony component related issues after hours and on weekends. Take immediate action to trouble shoot issues or ensure appropriate parties are engaged to resolve issues in a timely manner and communicate status updates on a regular basis until issue is resolved.
- Monitor tickets assigned to the Telephony Strategy and Support Team. Thoroughly analyze issue or request providing resolution in a timely manner. Provide clear status updates to appropriate parties and ensure issues are escalated to external vendors or management as needed.
- Create and execute test plans for enhancements to or projects involving the IVR and telephony components we support. Ensure test results are properly documented and meet corporate or project standards. Coordinate necessary work or set up with external vendors.
- Participate in cross training efforts to ensure appropriate level of knowledge is maintained for the IVR and the telephony components.
- Participate in discussions with Business and / or IT to help guide design and architectural set up of Customer Care Telephony infrastructure and applications. Understand connection points between Customer Care Telephony infrastructure / applications and the desktop applications so can effectively troubleshoot issues or provide strategic and tactical support for Customer Care telephony components.
Requires detailed knowledge and experience with IT systems and performance reporting, as well as strong analytical and investigative skills. Requires demonstrated presentation, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Also requires a working knowledge of rates, billing and service requirements, DTE regulations, customer systems, meter history and meter reading data files and transactions, and various data marts and data warehouses. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel). Medium-level programming or a demonstrated programming aptitude (COBOL, SAS, ACL, SQL, etc.) preferred. Ability to work with financial models and perform financial analysis preferred. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels across the organization and with external vendors. Proven ability to manage issues through to resolution.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Economics, related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
Experience:Minimum of five (5) years related experience. Demonstrated experience in building analytical models, working with IT systems, project and vendor management and financial/investment decision analysis.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.