When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goal.
Position Summary: The Customer Care Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive, successful relationships with customers on behalf of the company by taking complete responsibility for each customer interaction and ensuring all customer requirements are fully met. The Customer Care Representative strives to delight the customer through courteous interactions, responsive resolution of concerns, strong follow-up and attention to detail. Job duties include order entry, order management, processing of returns, problem resolution, transportation scheduling and Customer Care.
Key Responsibilities: Performs a variety of tasks in order to support the efforts of assigned Sales Representatives. Responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with key customers on behalf of the company by taking complete responsibility in maintaining that customer needs are met in the following catagories:
1. Manage and influence customer satisfaction by demonstrating tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
2. Develop working relationships and assist Sales Representatives through careful review of their open orders making appropriate follow up calls/e-mails and offering pre and post customer service for complex custom orders.
3. Process customer orders in a courteous, efficient, accurate, and timely manner.
4. Organize workflow to meet customer deadlines.
5. Effectively present and discuss products and services of the company to current and prospective customers in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity, and superior understanding of our products and services.
6. Respond to customer complaints and concerns immediately and facilitate mutually agreeable resolutions.
1. Communicate effectively with other departments to guarantee that customer requirements are met.
2. Support strategic sales plans and marketing strategies outlined by the Associate Director of Commercial Operations.
1. Follow systems and procedures outlined in company manuals, staff meetings, intranet, and e-mails. Ability to learn, embrace, and retain specific order management procedures and to follow instructions and policies related to order management.
2. Ability to effectively utilize a networked telephone system. Meet established goals for telephone calls and volume of order entry.
1. Participate as a key team player by supporting other Customer Care representatives as needed. Possess excellence in organization and team management skills.
2. Strong ability to work as a team, collaborate with colleagues and share workload as needed to provide quality customer support.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent GED. Minimum of 2 years Customer Service and ERP experience. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or a scientific discipline strongly encouraged, or the equivalent knowledge and experience. Prior bio process production knowledge preferred. Excellent telephone skills reflecting a positive, professional, customer centered organization. Must have the ability to identify and solve simple problems and to multi-task under deadline. Proven success in handling difficult customers with professionalism, dignity and tact required. Minimal travel (<5%) may be required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Requires a minimum of 2 years of related Customer Service experience, preferably with 2 years minimum in an E-Commerce environment. Internal candidates-requires solid knowledge of the Company’s systems, processes, and technical product line.
Must demonstrate excellent proficiency in personal computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, (Oracle software and SAP preferred).
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance