The Customer Solutions Specialist is responsible for providing post-sales support to customers within their assigned territory, increasing business to company technology, service and parts departments by selling company products and services to current and potential customers, providing miscellaneous customer service leading to customer satisfaction and other general parts department duties as directed by the Branch Manager/Area Product Support Manager.
- Technology – The CSS leverages Murphy Tractor’s WorkSight Solutions Strategy to help customers proactively manage their equipment fleet. Schedule and deliver JD Link training on new equipment. Proactively sell JD Link subscriptions and promote renewals. Provide assigned customer accounts regularly scheduled equipment performance reports. To include but not limited to monthly fleet monitoring reports, quarterly machine optimization consultations and fuel utilization reports. Identify technology sales opportunities within territory to include John Deere WorkSight Solutions and other telematics solutions currently offered by Murphy Tractor.
- Sales – Develop and implement strategies to ensure assigned territory coverage and increase business profits. Schedule calls and visits to current and potential customers. Develop rapport with current and future customers and maintain satisfaction to ensure ongoing business. Assist customer in obtaining credit. Analyze customer support and sales activities records, logs, reports, summaries and documents. Make recommendations and take appropriate actions to increase business and profits. Assist with trade-in appraisals, equipment demonstrations and sales leads. Prospect and qualify sales leads, making sales presentations and closing sales. Deliver equipment as needed.
- Service and Parts – Offer recommendations to improve machine performance. Evaluate condition of equipment. Recommend parts, maintenance, repair, and purchase of extended warranties. Follow all company policies on pricing and invoicing of parts and labor.
- Attend training and meetings, as required, to stay current with new equipment and competitors’ products.
- Maintain department communication in order to complete work and grow sales.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the frame work of Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc.’s objectives.
- Strong knowledge of principles and techniques of sales and customer service.
- Computer skills – The CSS’s are comfortable using a computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet navigation.
- Working knowledge of current GPS technology, Grade Control technology and Telematics solutions.
- Strong knowledge of functions, operations, applications and customers heavy mechanical equipment.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical maintenance and repair of heavy/industrial equipment.
- Able to promote company products and services in a competitive market
- Able to prospect and qualify sales leads,
- Strong focus on customer service with the ability to help customers utilize the latest in construction equipment technology to enhance their business.
- Ability to show promote and sell products.
- Able to obtain and maintain Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Basic knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax and printer.
- Able to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of the customer or coworkers.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to process work with accuracy.
- Meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Able to do occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. Able to frequently load, unload and secure equipment and attachments. Able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Able to travel out of office 70% of work day including occasional overnight stays.
High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred, with undergraduate coursework in business, marketing, finance or related field and/or at least three years of equivalent experience in heavy equipment sales, service and/or parts.