Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
CS Customer Success Manager (CSM) Role Description
Overview of the CSM role:
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with the customer, local RSM, KAM/KAE (Sales teams), CSEs, ES CSMs, and other support resources
- Understands the organizational structure of the client’s business, along with that of the Siemens service and sales support teams
- Is the “Voice of the Customer”
- Acts as the main point of contact for all customer communication and interaction with internal sales and service organizations
- Supports all aspects of service delivery and daily operations
- DX CSMs provide direct management of assigned CSE resources
- Where applicable, Imaging CSMs provide direct management of assigned personnel resources
- Business Management: Plan and manage the service business as contracted through Siemens for the assigned customers
- Customer Satisfaction: Ensure customers receive optimum levels of service and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction with Siemens
- Personnel Management and Development: Where applicable, hire and develop CSE’s and manage their activities to meet all assigned goals
- Administrative/Other Tasks: Perform administrative and other tasks required of the position, that support Siemens, service, and the assigned customers
- Meet all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the business for the assigned responsibilities
- Where applicable, manage training for personnel resources to ensure only trained personnel are servicing equipment
Tasks and Support Activities of the CSM (Service Support)
Daily Operational Activities and Responsibilities:
- Immediate availability to oversee all operational activities (acts as on-site RSM)
- Physical visits to all main sites as contractually obligated and required by Zone Customer Success Director (ZCSD)
- Receives system status alerts and provides regular communications to key customer contacts on all service activity, with a specific focus on EC1 (down system) and EC2 (restricted operation) calls
- Actively uses all information in the CDI dashboard to identify specific FLs which are causing customer distress. Partners closely with RSM while keeping KAE/KAM (Sales partners) updated
- Analyzes and interprets AR status and provides guidance and recommendations to internal partners
- Communicates information between customer and Siemens stakeholders (Sales & Service)
- Engages in technical escalation management by supporting the process with the RSM, CSE, CSML (parts) and technical support resources. Communication to customer is an essential part of this activity (in addition, provides the sales team with regular updates)
- Analyzes PM and UI activity for all FLs at the assigned customer sites and communicates directly with CSE and CCC resources to deliver 100% compliance.
- Acts as liaison between Siemens service team and in-house service (Biomed/Clinical Engineering)
- Conducts billing validation, oversees the PO process (to include creation and approval request for vendor services) and performs any other service-based administrative activity
- Manages escalations between internal and external service providers
- Equipment Asset Management (EAM) Dashboard
- Multi-Vendor (MV) Parts
Weekly Operational Activities and Responsibilities:
- Reviews PM and UI schedule and completion activity with local CSEs or service provider
- Inventory control by identifying and verifying equipment (FL) locations
- Project management activities and installation activities (through participation in weekly conference calls)
- Physical visits to all main sites
- Works with Contract Administrator (CA) to help qualify inventory and billing
- Audits invoices and works with Accounts Receivable (AR) credit and collection for both contract and T&M billing. Collaborates with RSM and KAM/KAE
- Track/manage any onsite inventory (repair parts classified as depot level storage)
- Supports local service team through interaction and engagement with support vendors (i.e., Linde, Air Products, Siemens Building Technologies, etc.)
Monthly/Quarterly Operational Activities and Responsibilities:
- Schedules face-to-face meeting with appropriate customer representatives
- Collaborates with RSM and KAM/KAE to conduct Quarterly Business Review (QBR)
- Identifies End of Service (EOS) systems and communicates with sales team and customer to avoid customer dissatisfaction
- Tracks and reports Clinical Education and Technical Training balances
- Participates in local service/CSE quarterly meetings
Recommended Core Competencies for management/RSM/CSM roles
Knowledge of Siemens Healthineers as a company:
- New Hire Orientation
- Legal, Compliance, and Ethics Training
Relevant procedures, processes, and standards:
- Policies, Procedures, Processes as required per QST table
- EH&S Curriculum per Regulatory and Compliance Management
- HIPAA/PHI Curriculum
- CSG Quality Management Systems knowledge
Other competencies highly specific to the RSM/CSM role:
- Modality Basic Course or equivalent experience
- Clinical Workflow know-how
- Knowledge of Service Agreement offerings
- Basic SAP training
- Knows safety procedures/guidelines
- MS Office applications or equivalent experience
- Facilitation Process
- Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Behavioral Interviewing
- General Writing skills (as needed)
- Customer Excellence Training
- Diversity training
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.