- Interpret and analyze data from multiple sources including claims, provider, member, and encounters data. Identify and assess the business impact of trends
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot complex scripts and reports developed using SQL, Microsoft Excel, or other analytics tools
- Contribute to the planning and execution of large-scale projects with limited direction from leadership
- Assist in the design, testing, and implementation of process enhancements and identify opportunities for automation
- Identify and perform root-cause analysis of data irregularities and present findings and proposed solutions to leadership and/or customers
- Manage multiple, variable tasks and data review processes with limited supervision within targeted timelines and thrive in a demanding, quickly changing environment
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how customers interact with analytic products
- Partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and effectively, both verbally and visually, communicate findings and insights to non-technical business partners
- Independently engage with customers and business partners to gather requirements and validate results
- Communicate and present data-driven insights and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders, soliciting and incorporating feedback when required
- Provide technical guidance to junior analysts
Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred. 4+ years of experience working with large databases, data verification, and data management or 2+ years of IT experience. Healthcare analytics experience preferred. Ability to integrate, validate, and reconcile data from multiple sources as well as design and construct analysis tools that extract, prepare, analyze, and store/present results to support business needs. Knowledge of query development using SQL or other coding languages. Knowledge of basic statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis preferred. Working knowledge of analytical tools, including R, Python, SAS, ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstrategy, Tableau, Hadoop, or related tools preferred. Working knowledge of relational databases preferred. Working knowledge of automation capabilities such as batch processes, stored procedures, scripting languages, Microstrategy, or other tools preferred.
Experience in risk adjustment, clinical coding, financial reporting/analysis, or CMS/State encounters and regulatory file submissions preferred; Experience with data mining, population health, and statistical modeling preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.