Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Analytics Intern to join its Sourcing Operations Engineering team. Our data centers (opencompute.org), connectivity labs (internet.org), and mobile (telecominfraproject.com) programs are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and how Facebook connects the world. This intern will work closely with our Data Center and Hardware Design, Supply Chain, and Contract Manufacturing teams to design automation, analyze data, and enable Facebook’s products to scale.
- Perform large-scale data analysis to extract useful business insights
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by communicating results to cross-functional groups
- Work closely with a supply chain leads and solution architect team to create decision logic and identify exceptions/outlier events
- Design and build statistical models representing supply chain trade-offs and simulate outcomes
- Partner with extended supply chain teams to train, pilot and demonstrate analytical solutions
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related technical field
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- Experience with SQL
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]