A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
Establish and enhance strong working relationships with various internal teams and external suppliers
Understand overall ticket management process
Perform power cycles, swap out failed components, handle storage media, and perform troubleshooting
Perform cable installations, hardware rack / stack installations, testing, and troubleshooting using standard datacenter processes
Physically assist in moving and racking equipment
Supporting deployment of on-site DC physical infrastructure including Servers, NetDevices, SANS, Window Server OS
Supporting parts/component replacement and physical hardware troubleshooting
As required, assist Datacenter Inventory and Asset Management Team with shipping/receiving and inventory management to address high work volumes
Ensures compliance with CO+I business units and service-level policies
Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6-months experience handling/maintaining any technical equipment or machinery
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, including shift assignments during evening and nighttime hours.
Experience supporting IT equipment or related IT experience
Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure components
Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction
Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
Flexibility to work non-business hours (shifts) that may include weekends and/or holidays
Other jobs you may like
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
We are looking for a skilled Data Center Technician to support the remote hands and feet responsibilities in our data center. The person will support physical hardware, network devices and cables, the storage hardware and backup environment in the data center.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions of Remote Hands and feet services which includes but are not limited to the following:
- Performing daily backup operations both internal and external request processing
- Equipment Rack and Stack and repairs
- Copper and fiber cable pulling, terminating and dressing
- Assist with the hardware and software diagnosis under guidance of senior engineers
- Power cycling of any equipment and perform cabinet/cage audits
- Blade/Card, Memory, Hard Drive, and Transceiver installations or removal
- Perform migrations of equipment, power, or networking devices
- Shipping and receiving of packages, equipment, backup tapes, drives and more
- Provide timely updates to stake holders and management using ticketing system
- Perform and document inventory verification/counts
- Monitor and report issues with hardware, IT equipment, HVAC systems and power
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with data center operations. Ideal candidate will have worked in a data center previously and can identify different types of equipment, trace and replace cables, equipment racking stacking and RMA process. Must have handled backup tapes and related tasks.
- A team player with collaborative and customer centric work ethics
- 2-3 years of experience as a Data Center Technician, or Remote Hands and Feet Engineer
- Google IT Support Professional (preferred) OR CompTIA Server+ and CompTIA Network+ is a must
- CCNA and/or MCP certification would be advantageous.
- Good communication skills and the ability to follow direction both on-site and remote with attention to detail in assigned tasks.
- Familiar with backups tapes and iron-mountain off-site backup management process.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Located in and around Vertafore’s data center in DFW area.
- Work flexible shift schedules as and when needed
- Provide rotational on-call coverage and willingness to respond to network and server errors after hours
- Report to the facility within 60 minutes for emergency outage assistance
- Occasional climbing of ladder, bend down or sit on floor for troubleshooting
- Ability to work remote with a stable internet connection on an as needed basis
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That’s why, at Vertafore, it’s our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
- Bias to Action: We’re united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
- Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
- Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
- Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
- Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
- We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.