- Degree in information technology, accounting, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in internal controls over financial reporting and PM roles
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon’s GFRC (Global Financial Risk & Control) team is searching for bar-raising professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities and also supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
This position will be part of the Accounting Data Governance Team (ADGT) focused on designing and implementing a standardized, scalable approach to validating the key considerations in evaluating the reliability of data utilized by global accounting and finance teams. The successful candidate will be able to apply accounting and technical experience combined with core project management (PM) skills to translate complex data concepts for leverage by control and process owners across the organization. This role will require a deep understanding and experience with all aspects of internal controls including financial information technology systems for a complex, high-growth stage, multi-disciplinary organization. Requirements for this position also include extensive knowledge of controls frameworks, GDPR requirements, and SEC/PCAOB regulations, as well as the demonstrated ability to design and monitor an effective global program.
We are currently looking for experienced candidates who have held similar positions in large public companies or who have held a similar position within the advisory practice of a Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients. Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively to accomplish complex challenges will be expected.
Responsibilities will include:
- Influence senior leadership to implement strategic and programmatic controls
- Engage cross organizationally with leadership to design program controls and testing strategy
- Conceptualize and drive implementation of cross product technical risk management solutions to drive program efficiencies
- Develop SOPs for data governance including controls and testing mechanisms considering risk tolerance guidelines.
- Build and own a single comprehensive inventory of key reports and establish the approach to ensure the inventory is kept current.
- Design and deliver related training to stakeholders
- Partner with engineering teams to design an automated and scalable tool to support the overall process.
- Provide ongoing support to process owners/control owners and cross-functional teams to ensure controls over key reports are designed and implemented effectively.
- Assist in the evaluation of identified control deficiencies and monitoring of remediation efforts.
- Drive discussions with external parties including Amazon’s external audit firm on the overall program and how it achieves associated risk objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of the internal control framework(specifically COSO, CoBIT) and solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational effectiveness
- Strong understanding of SOX methodology and associated standards (sections 302, 404, AS5, PCAOB, etc.)
- Experience in GDPR program design and operations
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong ability to assist with documentation of controls to support operational and SOX compliance audits
- Internal controls experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies or Big 4 public accounting firm
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.