As a Data Solutions – Business System Analyst, you will work closely with business partners to understand the data and business challenges to propose new functionality into the enterprise data warehouse. You will analyze data using SQL, identify and propose alternative questions, and design a data model and/or application data flow to deliver the business capability. You will be required to quickly learn Schwab’s business model, business vision and the associated analytical/reporting requirements. A successful candidate will be curious about the business and the data that enables it. A successful candidate will also be passionate about partnering with our business teams and exploring data to find the best solutions.
What you are good at:
- Analyzing source system data, profiling data (using SQL and Hive QL) and arranging service level agreements with data providers
- Designing conceptual and logical data models (using ERwin), creating metadata definitions, and creating source-to-target mapping
- Acting as requirements coordinator for 1-2 medium to large projects, capturing usage requirements and designing the semantic/information layer
- Participating in preparing and managing the project plans, and recommending solutions
- Partnering with business users and acting as a liaison between business and technical teams
- Coordinating data model review and handoff with the Data Solutions development team
- Building deep understanding of the warehouse data and capabilities
What you have:
- At least 3 years of experience as a technical business analyst with a track record of delivering well-documented data requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
- Project experience on the Big Data technologies and data pipeline processing techniques at scale.
- Substantial experience in Data Warehousing / Information Management preferably at scale
- Expert level SQL skills and Hive QL
- Experience in data modeling (logical and/or physical) with solid understanding of 3NF, Star Schemas and performance concerns
- Experience using Erwin
- Familiarity with Informatica, Hive and Teradata.
- Experience /knowledge of Project Management with the ability to drive projects to successful completion
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Prior experience interfacing with various partners, including vendors, offshore development teams, and internal groups
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel, MS Word and Visio Drawing tool along with general familiarity with Outlook and other MS Office applications is also required