DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
The primary role will be to tune and to refine the SQL Server DB engine and application server (SSRS, SSIS) for a new data warehouse, including tuning of coding, indexing, triggers, and data models. The secondary role will be of an SSIS Developer will provide design and development expertise on a project to build and to deploy a new SQL Server data warehouse. Tasks include designing, building, and maintaining data and metadata models and complex ETL packages.
- Works with system DBAs to incorporate SQL Server best practices, operational improvements, database and application tuning into the SQL Server environment for a transactional and analytics environment. This is a new SQL Server installation which must be continually tuned and refined to meet job run time expectations, maintainability, and performance requirements.
- Develops new code to obtain data from sources and move it through the data warehouse layers using the MS BI stack including SSIS, T-SQL/stored procedures, and batch files.
- Analyzes, improves, and tunes existing scripts, ETL, dashboards, and reports.
- Provides design recommendations the data warehouse data-model and structures which support analytical applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree CS or MIS or equivalent experience in related roles
- 5+ years of experience delivering solutions utilizing the Microsoft BI stack, with a direct experience with SSIS and batch file creation required.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server/T-SQL programming in creation and optimization of stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions.
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL Server database development (TSQL) experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working in a data warehouse environment (Kimball/Inmon), and ETL concepts as seen in a traditional data warehouse environment (landing zone, stage tables, warehouse, data-marts, presentation)
- Experience with scheduling and automation tools is desired, with CA Workload Automation (AutoSys) the preferred tool.
- Working experience with SSRS is desired.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative and distributed/remote team environment
- Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
- Strong skills in programming
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
NOTE: This position is available for remote home-based work within the United States.
Trust, Transform & Thrive with a company whose mission is to leading clients on their digital transformation journeys, DXC Technology will be recognized globally as a force multiplier, enabling clients to seize the opportunities presented by today’s rapidly changing technologies.
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.