Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for understanding of the Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) program technical requirements, architecture of the system, data model, interfaces and applications. As part of the modernization program, the Database Administrator will be responsible for the design, development, installation, and maintenance of database management systems to include data modeling, design and implementation, security, and monitoring. The Database Administrator will participate in development and solution enhancement activities as part of an Agile development team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define system and technical requirements, including both functional and non-functional, to support database management system development within the SAFe Agile methodology
- Install and configure OEM13c Cloud Control Center, configure agents, setup metrics and thresholds for oracle databases and host/target
- Configure Oracle Application Cluster (RAC) Automatic Storage Management (ASM), and OEM
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical designs for database solutions
- Develop and maintain database solutions for managing structured and unstructured data
- Develop and maintain database solutions for data ingestion (batch and streaming)
- Develop and maintain database scripts supporting ETL processes and functions
- Monitor and tune database solutions for optimal performance
- Develop and maintain secure database solutions that are compliant with DISA STIG and NIST specifications (security controls)
- Author clear documentation for database solutions, including data dictionaries, data catalogs, and design artifacts
- Integrate database solutions with the software applications and/or platforms
- Support software testing activities, including IV&V, and provide timely software defect resolutions
- Monitor production and non-production database solutions for performance and troubleshoot issues as required
- Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed database solutions meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop and maintain backup/restore solutions to support production and non-production database solutions
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience
- At least two (2) years of experience with developing relational database management systems (RDBMS) using Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server in a production environment
- Experience in software development and maintenance projects with involvement in requirements management, technical design/development, and deployment steps within SDLC
- Experience supporting database engineering activities for software projects specializing in development of enterprise web applications within an Agile environment
- Experience designing database solutions using conceptual, logical, and physical diagrams.
- Experience with developing database solutions involving storage of structured and unstructured data, data ingestion via batch and streaming, and ETL processes
- Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance. An interim clearance may be considered.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with enterprise software system modernization efforts
- Experience developing database solutions in an incremental manner using the SAFe Agile methodology
- Experience in cloud based environments including the development of database solutions that are based on a hybrid-cloud architecture
- Experience developing database solutions for high volume, highly available, and secure software system
- Experience developing database solutions in a secure environment that are required to meet DISA STIG and NIST specifications (security controls)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and tools
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.