What does a great Database Analyst do?
- Responsible for supporting data management from multiple business units
- Develop data-oriented tactics that optimize data quality, data security and process efficiency aligned to Fiserv processes
- Support the development of data focused requirements that enable the design, administration and development of cloud-based products
- Be a key contributor to the overall success of the new product by identifying opportunities to automate data processing. This includes developing data pipelines that ensure repeatable processes to ensure data integrity.
- Liaise with external partners to ensure adherence to data requirements that ensure the development of quality machine learning models.
- Support the development and management of appropriate data dictionaries across multiple business units
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
You’re the type of person who:
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Has excellent organizational and self-directed skills – ability to initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities and follow through on tasks and projects.
- Is self-motivated team player with strong work ethic
- Is curious with an interest in continued learning
- Has a data-oriented personality
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
- 2+ years’ experience in data, analytics or graduate academic environments
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute deliverables on time and in budget
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent understanding of big data technology administration and data management functions with a focus on cloud infrastructure
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Proficiency in at least one programming language heavily used in data science (e.g. R, Python)
- Proficiency with common data science toolkits that are native to languages such as R or Python.
- Proficiency in structured or unstructured database types and query languages (e.g. SQL, MongoDB, HBase, Hive and Pig)
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of fraud and financial crimes.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role, you will be aligned to our Financial & Risk Management solutions business (FRMS). Our solutions help financial institutions optimize their use of and return on capital by making risk actionable and transparent within their organizations. Solutions are offered in multiple delivery modes including software products, customer-funded development, alliance services, consulting, ASP and hosted services.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.