He/she will conduct daily delivery tasks to customer facilities, job sites and to other Source 1 facilities. When not out making deliveries or running transfers, you will conduct warehouse duties such as loading/unloading deliveries, picking materials for next day orders, assist in the receiving and put away of replenishment stock, and sweeping and general clean up to ensure a safe, clean work environment.
How you will do it
- Load delivery trucks to meet delivery schedule and in a proper fashion to secure product from damage.
- Deliver orders in a safe and undamaged manner in company trucks that meet the needs and schedule/demand of our customers, as required by Store Manager.
- Ensure customer orders are staged and ready for pickup or delivery 24 hours prior to customer’s requested day.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner with customers via face to face interaction, phone, email, or other means necessary to provide best in class service.
- Work closely with other vital departments including sales, billing, shipping, purchasing, technical service and marketing to provide best in class service to customers.
- Collaborate with regional salesforce and other field staff to deliver premier customer service.
- Maintain warehouse inventory to bin location requirements for branch without damage to product.
- Receive incoming product by unloading trucks, inspecting for damage, check packing slip to what is unloaded and receiving the incoming product the same day received.
- Work with and provide suggestions to Store Manager on warehouse and product layout.
- Assist store in cycle counts and maintain inventory so that there are no inventory shortages.
- Assist with the maintenance of company trucks.
- Promote and support sales promotions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Experience related to customer service and/or warehouse operations in a large volume distribution center.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment.
- Positive interpersonal skills and decision making abilities.
- Professional and polite communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Forklift experience and certification.
- Knowledge of HVAC or contractor distribution service.
- Tech savvy.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.