Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The main focus of this position is to seek a Device Certification Engineer with strong, demonstrated skills in RF/wireless certification in the consumer electronics industry, involving cellular (5G, LTE), WiFi and BT, working with design teams from the project start to finish.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and being able to keep each device on track and communicate issues to each project teams with concise and actionable input.
- Be able to make quick and concise compliance guidance to cross-functional teams based on solid and relevant compliance knowledge or product certifications background applications.
- Collaborate with CM or to drive critical compliance deliverables to enable to project moving forward.
- Managing third party test lab to execute testing, demonstrated skills to pivot and absorb special requests or changes from all design teams that affect product certifications, and communicate the impact of mid-cycle changes to the certification results is also critical.
- Connect all cross functional partner decisions, latest certification practices or rules, and allowance from the regulatory bodies, prior to reaching and recommending a compliance recommendation is a critical consideration for this position.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on industry experiences in a fast-faced, cross-functional, multiple-decisions cellular and iOT portable consumer electronics design environments and providing compliance leadership end-to-end, from the product concept phase, through designs, through certification cycle, to post-production and sustaining phase.
- Experiences working with RF/EE/PD internal teams and provide early and in-design compliance input.
- Hands-on, consumer electronics manufacturer/design in-house experiences with cellular (LTE, 5G), WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, BT (LE/classic) devices with the emphasis on the wireless cellular compliance background.
- WEEE or recycling background including monthly or year reporting experiences.
- Experience with Product Requirement Documents (PRD), decipher critical agency-impact elements and considerations, ask early questions from cross-functional teams to gain clarity, then generate compliance test plan.
- Experience in design environment and experience managing multiple projects with multiple disciplines, including FCC/CE/int’l wireless certifications, industry certifications (BT-SiG, PTCRB, GCF), product safety (NRTL/CB/other type approvals).
- Experience compiling certification filing package and submitting to the regulatory agencies.
- Experience reviewing test reports, pointing out issues in the reports issued the test labs, working with TCB and Notified Bodies or other global regulatory agencies to result in successful and confidential certification completions.
- Environmental compliance (ROHS/CEC/Prop65) experiences, working with Asia-based CMs.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]