The Devices business is a key focus area for Microsoft, combining an extensive portfolio of first party personal computing devices and strategies to grow the broader ecosystem. If you are passionate about a high-growth, high-opportunity business and thrive in developing strategies and business models, we have an opportunity for you!
The Devices Pricing team is a critical function in Devices Finance. We are charted with leading development and execution of global pricing strategy for all our products, while optimizing for business growth and profitability. This includes global end-customer pricing, commercial/consumer programs, and channel incentives. The team partners across several organizations – field, marketing, business planning, product planning, and sales.
We are currently hiring for a Group Manager to lead this function. This impactful role requires strong management capabilities, cross-functional partnership, thought leadership, and ability to create and execute frameworks.
- Lead a global team of highly capable people with exceptional and inclusive people management capabilities. Foster culture of “Model, Coach, and Care.” Recruit, develop, and retain a high performing team.
- Own development and execution of global pricing strategy for all products (devices, warranties, etc… ). This includes global end-customer pricing, commercial / consumer programs, and channel incentives.
- Develop pricing and discounting principles and frameworks, optimizing for business growth and profitability. Establish governance model.
- Built compete analytics and monitoring mechanisms for pricing/promo trends across the world.
- Partner to develop strategic investment and ROI assessment of program dollars
- Improve systems & reporting infrastructure to drive efficiency and support data-driven decision making.
- 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in finance, pricing, business planning, strategy or business desk.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities.
- Ability to act as trusted advisor and partner to senior leaders. Executive maturity and balanced self-awareness.
- Passion for great work and demonstrated drive.
- Proven ability of operating in ambiguous settings and creating clarity.
- Courage to share opinions and influence decisions.
- BA/BS degree required.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.