As an IT Engineer at Illumina, you will be a part of a team whose vision is to transform human health. We really mean it. This company has a mission that matters. Our DevOps team is responsible for optimizing the deployment and management of Illumina’s global cloud-based digital experience solutions such as Illumina.com, Ecommerce and Customer Dashboard. We also provide front-line development and operational support of these assets. You will be working on various cutting-edge DevOps tools and technologies managing Cloud-based enterprise applications such as Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, CloudFormation, etc. As an IT Engineer, you will be a part of the team that provides customer-centric digital experience solutions worldwide to enable the transformation of human health through DNA sequencing.
For us, Engineers are not people who are locked in a room to churn out code. We will turn to you for your deep technical expertise and innovative thinking. Our goal is for you to help us deliver awesome digital experiences. At Illumina, you will collaborate with internal partners to lead end-to-end projects. You will own the success of delivering against project goals. To be successful, you are experienced, collaborative, process-friendly, and have the ability to work within timelines on multiple projects simultaneously. Illumina is investing in teams and technology. We have a lot of exciting progress to make and we’re looking for the right engineer to join the team.
- Administer and support Web Applications and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) based content management system.
- Automation and implementation of highly available and resilient platforms in AWS.
- Implementation and maintenance of workflows and procedures to ensure consistency and auditability in a managed infrastructure.
- Automating away the need for manual installation and direct intervention.
- Write and peer review automation code with an eye to creating a flexible, scalable codebase.
- Troubleshooting and creating tools to resolve incidents.
- Proactive design and optimization of network and storage data flows, including monitoring.
- Work within and enforce security and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Document and communicate procedures, configurations and standards effectively.
- Ability to work in an agile/scrum environment.
- 2+ years of related experience working on a DevOps role in full capacity.
- Expertise in administration, configuration, optimization and monitoring of Linux at scale.
- Experience with AWS cloud-based deployment and support.
- Experience with one or more automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or CloudFormation.
- Experience with DevOps tools for build automation with TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Skilled in the implementation of monitoring tools like Splunk, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, etc.
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as bash, Python and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting web applications and AWS infrastructure configurations.
- Familiarity with any content management system such as Adobe Experience Manager.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming concepts in Node.js, Java and/or.NET.
- Familiarity with RESTful API’s in Node.js, Java and/or .NET.
- Experience with modern container systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, etc. preferred.
- A strong preference for collaborative teamwork and work/knowledge sharing.
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly and rapidly deep dive.
- A driving need to fix a problem only once.
BS/MS in computer science, engineering or related technical degree.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf