Our Cortez, Colorado store is looking for a Diesel Agriculture (Ag) Shop Mechanic/ Service Technician. The successful candidate will be able to work on a variety of equipment/products that are in the trade area. This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Daily duties will include customer contact, diagnosing, troubleshooting using diagnostic tools and making repairs. This individual must be able to project a professional, positive attitude, reliable, efficient and be a self-starter with an ability to work in a team environment.
- Must own and maintain their own tools.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work a varying work schedule/shift and be flexible in order to respond to after-hour calls.
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- (Prefer) at least 5 years experience working on John Deere or other agriculture equipment, proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of John Deere equipment.
- Will be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
What You’ll Do: Candidate must be able to provide robust customer service through a positive attitude, to ensure the highest customer satisfaction possible. Have excellent organizational skills and effective follow up; outstanding communication skills a must.
What You’ll Get:
- Training through John Deere University.
- A chance to work for the best in the business, and a comprehensive employee benefits and incentive program.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and 401K plans.
What It Takes:
Stotz Equipment has 5 core values; Quality, Integrity, Loyalty, Caring and Community. By finding people who share these same values and by fostering an environment of open communication we are able to build strong teams that are able to look past obstacles and work together to find the solutions our customers need.
- 3 year(s): Agriculture service technician or heavy equipment mechanic
- 1 year(s): Experience with repairing John Deere equipment
- Associates or better in Mechanical Systems or related field
- Clean driving record
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.