Allstate Peterbilt Group is dedicated to serving the Medium and Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Industry throughout the Midwest. From the beginning of the vehicle purchase process, through the warranty repairs and on-going vehicle maintenance, our team of dedicated and highly skilled professionals work diligently to keep our customers trucks on the road running smoothly.
Under the supervision of the Service Manager the Technician should be able to diagnose, disassemble and assemble, overhaul, repair, rebuild, and adjust heavy-duty trucks under a minimum of supervision.
Diesel Truck Mechanic Essential Responsibilities:
- Overhaul and repair heavy duty engines including Caterpillar, Cummins, and Detroit Truck engines clutches, transmissions, differentials, and power systems, cooling systems, steering systems, hydraulic systems, or any other system used on heavy duty trucks.
- Install engines, transmissions, and other components.
- Deal with customers in a diplomatic and courteous manner.
- Share knowledge and be able to give instructions and guidance to helpers and apprentices as required.
- Maintain good customer relations and performance standards.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Processes parts orders.
- Involved with the cleaning and safety of the shop area.
Diesel Truck Mechanic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- ASC Certification with 2-3 years in related area preferred.
- AC Certification and Engine Certification required.
- Valid driver’s license and CDL required.
- Dependable and reliable attendance required.
Diesel Truck Mechanic Benefits:
- Competitive Salary.
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance.
- Disability and Life Insurance.
- Paid Time Off program.
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- OEM Continued Education.
- Safety Incentives.
- Extensive Training and Engine Certification.
- Uniforms and Laundry Service.
- Latest Diagnostic Tools and Equipment.
- Internal Promotion Opportunities.
- On the Job Training.