Nelson, British Columbia
V1L 4G8, Canada
KAST is growing our team of seasoned business professionals and are seeking a Digital Business Advisor (contractor) to support the Digital Economy: Rapid Response + Resiliency (DER3) Program in partnership with Innovate BC. This community-first initiative was created in response to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and is designed to support small-medium sized non-tech businesses, in any sector, to enter or expand into the digital economy. This role will require creative application of both business tactics and technical recommendations.
- Engage with clients to identify business and technical requirements through interviews, email and videoconferences.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and helping craft and develop solutions collaboratively with clients
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of a clients’ digital and technical business needs and help shape what is required to enter or expand into the digital economy.
- Coach, mentor, advise on a variety of business and digital strategies and provide recommendations to clients.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and clients alike to envision action plans and end-state goals.
- Employ active listening, empathy and understanding when speaking with clients currently dealing with significant personal challenges related to their business
- Working collaboratively with internal team members operating in a fully-remote environment.
- Following up with clients to ensure satisfaction
- 15+ years of experience as an entrepreneur or business consultant, with exposure to the digital economy, online properties and e-commerce
- Experience with modernization, business transformation or business realignment projects or programs
- Experience coaching, mentoring and advising a broad range of clients on both business and digital strategies
- Strong business network in the Kootenays and understanding of the region’s businesss needs
- Excellent digital literacy and strong familiarity with the digital economy
- Expertise using industry-standard productivity and digital collaboration tools
- Underlying sense of compassion, empathy and community
- Fully comfortable with connecting with clients via online video conferencing software or phone
- Ability to work and thrive in a fully-remote team environment, must have a full working home office, computer and cell
10-20 hours per week, 6-month contract position
How to Apply
Submit a 1-page cover letter and resume, indicating you are applying for the position of Digital Business Advisor, directly to [email protected] before September 30, 2020. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.