- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in the Telco/Mobile ecosystem industry.
- 15 years of business development experience.
- MBA Degree.
- Strong track record of effective business development, distribution partnerships, operations management, and strategic planning.
- Strong track record of leading high performance business development teams to deliver results.
- Strong, established and recognized executive relationships in the mobile ecosystem marketplace.
About the job
The Android Business Development and Platform Partnerships team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android is powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Android Business Development and Platform Partnerships team is giving you Google on the go.
The Android Platform Partnerships team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google’s partners. In this role, you’ll be on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google’s newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV, and Commerce.
As Director, Carrier Partnerships on the broader Android Business Development team, you will drive our business and partnerships with top telco partners, and potentially other non-traditional channel partners across North America (US, CA). You’ll work closely with Android Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Legal teams on new initiatives and key strategic relationships. You won’t just execute, you’ll be a true thought leader who can see multiple steps ahead and identify industry trends and key influencers. Empowered to chart your own path, you’ll run the process from start to finish.
Google’s Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further Google’s mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions — from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Establish and deepen C-level relationships within global partners and their business divisions while driving Android growth with Telco operators.
- Develop global partnership-building and engagement strategies at the C and VP-level and facilitate multi-layered agreements while managing a team of account managers and business developers.
- Understand your partner’s business and competitive position (growth streams and profitability, core business vs. non-core, competitive differentiators and threats) and understand industry ecosystem, competitive threats and pressure, as well as main strategic trends for our partners and industry.
- Ensure that we are aligned globally across Partnerships for top partner business plan: growth, product adoption, and engagement cadence.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.