Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a technology executive to lead our Capacity Engineering & Analysis team (CEA). The Director of Capacity Engineering & Analysis will lead the direction of the team to ensure optimal operation and growth of our computing/storage resources from both a cost and technology perspective, throughout our software, hardware, networking and data center stack. The initiative is to build one of the largest Internet services in the world with tens of billions of user requests, tens of exabytes of data, thousands of giga bps of network flow! This position is full-time.
- Drive strategic planning and scaling the largest web capacity in the world
- Build and retain a world-class global engineering team through mentorship, guidance and career development
- Lead partnerships with Product Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, and Data Engineering teams to find the optimal way to scale the infrastructure
- Providing definition and deliverables on project roadmap to automate optimal capacity planning and management
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts
- Pursue transformative technologies to bend the curve for Facebook and for Industry
- Determine and influence Facebook’s hardware roadmap
- Run Facebook company software efficiency programs
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or other technical field
- 15+ years experience leading and managing teams within an engineering organization
- Experience in creating and managing teams
- Relationship management experience and experience working within a global organization
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically with analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience in identifying, utilizing and communicating performance metrics
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]