- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of people management experience and leading distributed technical teams.
- Experience in solving system issues and technical innovation.
- Track record of successful collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Experience understanding developer and Enterprise customer requirements and translating those into long-term technical infrastructure roadmaps.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining APIs and infrastructure building blocks.
- Experience delivering enterprise grade products, demonstrating an entrepreneurial drive and mindset.
About the job
The mission of the Geo Transportation team is to improve people’s lives by making cities’ transportation better. We believe in a vision of connected vehicles and infrastructure that work together to help consumers, transportation providers, and cities improve on time, cost, safety, and utilization. To achieve this goal we aim to extend our capabilities beyond the reach of the Google Maps app and help optimize all parts of the transportation ecosystem.
The Auto team within Geo Transportation builds on Google’s expertise in mapping and geo services to drive innovation in the auto industry. The team is responsible for advancing the state of the art for built-in navigation systems for drivers by deeply integrating navigation with advanced car sensors and capabilities. The team is also responsible for building the most attractive connected data platform for auto manufacturers and their tier one and two partners. We aspire to build an ecosystem that brings together our partners’ experience in on-car perception with Google’s extensive capabilities for scaled map building and data delivery.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Define the strategy for Geo Auto and contribute to strategic leadership of the larger Geo Transportation mission.
- Define the long-term engineering vision for Geo Auto product architecture and engineering roadmaps to deliver on that vision.
- Grow and develop an organization that prioritizes engineering excellence, reliability, predictable delivery, and deep expertise in the automotive space.
- Scale the cross-functional organization to successfully engage with multiple partners (e.g., Android, Google Assistant, and Google Cloud), solving problems over multiple timescales at once.
- Cultivate a team culture with an enterprise customer-centric mindset and build empathy within the team for the problems faced by auto OEMs and tier one and tier two partners.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.