- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional experience in engineering, leading engineering teams.
- Experience managing a globally distributed team.
- Experience at a tech company, driving cutting edge products.
- Experience with Ads.
- Ability to recruit and develop top technical talent and to lead through influence and work effectively with technical and cross-functional geographically distributed teams.
- Ability to think in a strategic manner to develop product solutions.
- Ability to operate effectively across regional boundaries.
- Strong product design sense and analytical thinking skills.
About the job
The account management and workflows team is responsible for various account level workflows and managing accounts at scale. Advertiser Billing, Monetizers, Deals and Incentives, User management and Security, Advertiser Identity and Manager accounts (MCC) are all various efforts/teams in this area.
As the Engineering Director for this area, you will be responsible for four teams. The first team is User Management and Security. This team is responsible for securing access to accounts and protecting against unauthorized intrusion. The team provides user management as a platform to various advertiser products including Google Ads. The team manages roles, permissions and various security policies like two factor authentication enrollment, email domain policy, and so on. The second team is Billing, responsible for the billing experience of all our advertisers. The third team is Identity, responsible for bringing transparency to all ads, by showing the advertiser identity behind each ad impression. The fourth team is Deals and Incentives, responsible for modeling all deals and contracts to support our Ads business.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Build and manage a high performing, globally distributed engineering team, developing the next set of organizational leaders.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners to drive product direction.
- Contribute to the broader Buying platforms and Ads vision at Google.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.