Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a leader for the Facebook App Finance team within the Finance & Business Planning (FBP) organization. FBP’s mission is to enable Facebook to plan, prioritize, and execute as effectively as possible. FBP brings an independent and objective perspective to the data and decisions that we support and always advocates for intellectual honesty. This role will serve as a financial adviser (mini-CFO) to Facebook app leadership, including the Head of Facebook App, and will share in owning business goals and results where appropriate. This role will lead a lean, highly efficient team that prides itself on being quantitative and data-oriented.
- Managing a budget that supports the Facebook App’s operating needs and sets clearly defined short-term goals and operational plans for the next year
- Developing a Long Range Plan that supports the Facebook’s App’s strategic vision as well as the company’s long-term mission and financial future
- Ensuring that we deliver on key financial goals
- Provide accurate ongoing forecasts to ensure that we understand revenue trends and how resources are being deployed
- Overseeing the quarterly close reporting that demonstrates a deep understanding of the Facebook App and provides clear explanations and accountability for variances
- Supporting our Facebook App leadership (including the Head of Facebook App), specifically on business decision making
- Helping to communicate Facebook App business performance to Finance and Facebook App leadership
- Helping to close the books accurately
- Helping to safeguard company resources and assets
- Helping to implement business/product initiatives appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of experience in FP&A, consulting, investment banking, business strategy, business operations and/or analytics
- Experience leading and developing teams and working cross functionally across global teams
- Experience in a data-driven environment
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams including Product and Engineering, Analytics, and Finance and Accounting
- Proven track record in evaluating business decisions, including identifying gaps or business needs, and proposing and implementing solutions
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Proven Excel skills
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]