DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Director R&D Program Management – Robotics for its Research & Development Group to be located in Boston, MA (strong preference) but will consider candidates in commuting distance of JNJ sites in North America & Europe; Considerations to remote work will be given as well.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are crafted to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Orthopaedic Robotics Team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures.
The Director Front End Robotics R&D will report directly into the Sr. Director Orthopaedic Robotics. This core member of the Robotics Leadership Team will lead the exciting innovation pipeline! The role will be responsible for (1) leading the Front End Robotics R&D Organization, and (2) driving our robotics strategy, rapidly growing our family of offerings in partnership with the business.
The candidate will have a hardworking and inspiring leadership record of encouraging and aligning people to a common purpose, as well as a history working with innovative companies and technologies in Robotics and Digital Innovation.
- Running day-to-day operational and procedural of the Front End Robotics organization, including people management, developing and delivering upon the innovation.
- Coordinate organization staff and leadership meetings.
- Direct or delegate project and core team meetings.
- Define project scope, tracking processing, facilitate team discussions.
- Present project updates, status reports and dashboards to leadership.
- Work with leadership in Marketing, and R&D to define, influence and execute innovation strategy internally and externally.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree is required.
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD) is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of product development and/or strategy development experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience is also required.
- Experience in a regulated environment is required (Medical device, highly preferred).
- Experience in management consulting and/or R&D leadership is required.
- Experience in developing growth and innovation strategies for Medical Devices, Biotechs, diagnostics, and/or drug technology companies is required.
- Experience in leading fast paced programs is highly desirable.
- A proven track record to influence cross-functional and senior management to impact decision-making is required.
- Candidate must have effective leadership skills in a professional and ethical manner is required.
- This Candidate must demonstrate outstanding skills in leadership through influence, communication and partnership is required.
- Can show experience integrating multiple technologies into a cohesive application is required.
- Detailed knowledge of the device development process and familiarity with portfolio risk management is required.
- Full business and technical proficiency in the English language is required.
- Support up to 30% travel domestic and international is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)