Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. Our relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Do you have a passion for delving into data to find connections that spark amazing insights that drive business results? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do and you like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Insights & Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for you to use your skills to uncover insights about our brand, advertising and consumer payment habits and practices that will provide positive impact and momentum for our company and brand.
This role is responsible for market research, data analysis and other global strategic initiative support within the Global Insights & Analytics team. This role reports to the Sr. Director – Global Insights & Analytics and supports the broader Marketing and Communications team in a variety of activities that may include research project management, statistical analysis, developing presentations for external clients and internal audiences, knowledge share of insights, data queries using various internal analysis and visualization tools and other tasks as identified by leadership. The position is located at Visa’s headquarters in Foster City, California with remote location opportunity.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director – Global Insights & Analytics, you will:
- Lead the management and execution of a global brand health measurement including a full suite of tools. This suite of tools includes custom brand insights studies, brand and campaign tracking, diagnostics, and regionally customizable elective modules of study.
- Develop a global brand learning agenda and execute against plans in partnership with regional teams in North American, CEMEA, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America.
- Extract insights that inform and drive key strategic Visa priorities using various data sources and identify trends and anomalies
- Scope and conduct analyses, translate your findings into a set of initial insights, and create compelling, visual graphic displays and presentations
- Become an invaluable influencer and resource for insights covering a variety of topics supporting brand building for the organization.
Prior experience conducting primary market research from questionnaire design through implementation is required. Experience in business analytics, measurement, SAS, SPSS, Tableau or other data visualization tools is preferred. We are looking for a strong analytically-oriented project director who is looking for their next opportunity to grow and develop their skills further.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an advaced degree (Master’s/MBA) – the majority of your work experience is related to market research.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of work experience with an advanced degree (Master’s / MBA)
- 8 -10 years’ experience managing primary quantitative and qualitative market research at a large global organization or with a leading, globally respected market research agency.
- Experience managing large market research ongoing measurement programs in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience conducting consumer (B2C) and B2B research a plus though not required. Foundational understanding of branding, advertising (traditional and digital), campaign performance measurement and strategy a plus
- A background in payments, financial institutions, and consumer lending a plus but not required.
- Intellectually curious and analytically rigorous, strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency, a proactive approach, strong planner and problem solver.
- Must display strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate analyses into easily digestible stories for senior management consumption; Must be fluent in English.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute data-led insights used to influence and shape the future of Visa brand. The opportunity also will provide you an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the payments industry. Come join our challenging, dynamic environment where you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented research and marketing professionals in the industry.
The position is located at Visa’s headquarters in Foster City, California. Under the direction of the Sr. Director – Global Insights & Analytics
You will be a critical member of the global consumer insights and analytics center of excellence that supports Visa’s global marketing and communications organizations, reporting to a senior director who leads the brand and campaign insights center of excellence globally. The preferred location for this position is in San Francisco, California. We will consider remote location opportunities outside of the Bay Area for the right candidate.
You are naturally curious, intellectually honest, and an emotionally mature partner as you collaborate with teams to build innovative new approaches to evolve our consumer insights generation to ensure it remains leading edge.
You will become a subject matter expert in brand health and marketing campaign performance for global and regional teams
You will create, propose and implement high-impact program improvement recommendations that create value for Visa’s strategic initiatives.
You will build and maintain relationships with internal business partners, including marketing, communications, sales, business operations and product innovation.
You will lead cross-regional teams to support initiatives, conduct analyses, and bring new programs to fruition.
You will facilitate ongoing, productive communication between regional insight teams across the globe to coordinate insight sharing and identify opportunities for synergy and best practices
You will find and create opportunities for analytical synergy with analytics, data science, and marketing mix teams.
Work closely with marketing data management colleagues and research suppliers to develop and operationalize dashboards to support a wide range of clients.
You will lead our market research agencies and monitor quality, performance and delivery of key commitments, manage budgets and timelines.
You will identifying trends and anomalies in data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the insights that are easy to understand, use and apply to market realities.
You will find opportunities to for waste elimination and greater democratization of insights throughout the organization.
You will perform other research project management tasks from sample and quota management and questionnaire enhancements to data governance and relevant system infrastructure activities on an as-needed basis
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel up to 10% when travel is safe for all employees.
VISA is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law