Frictionless Devices: enabling rich, dependable, and disruption-free experiences in device set-up and use.
Digitally Assisted Workday: advancing productivity, creativity, collaboration, knowledge, and search.
Seamless Teamwork: enabling productive and aligned teams as they engage in empowered, self-service collaboration.
Digital Workplace: delivering intelligent facilities, immersive services, remote everything capabilities.
User Enablement: supporting user engagement, local application and change management, and data services across Microsoft subsidiaries.
Intelligent Support: envisioning intuitive support experience with self-healing and AI agents.
YOU: An innovative marketing and communications professional committed to effective and inspirational storytelling that lifts employees and customers alike. A strategic thinker with the proven ability to weave technical and non-technical messaging into human-centric, modern and connected stories that showcase Microsoft’s Digital Transformation and the EUSE specific contribution across multiple geos and mediums. You have the demonstrated ability to think strategically about an organization’s brand and reputation and understand that to land content effectively, you must connect emotionally across multiple audience types. You are a naturally inquisitive experimenter who thrives in new mediums like visual storytelling, podcasts, and new channels to evangelize the unique aspects of, and enhance the reach of, key stories. You amplify global storytelling by using data and insights and featuring local customers. You are a writer first and foremost and believe in the power of plain language to communicate. You thrive on creating solutions that help people and have a passion for making technology simpler and friendlier.
THE ROLE: We are looking for an experienced communications professional and savvy storyteller to build and drive a comprehensive internal and external communications and PR strategy/execution plan that helps employees unlock next-level productivity and both inspires and educates customers and partners globally. In this role, you will lead our EUSE story-telling vision, defining and delivering content that resonates with internal and external audiences. You will define a modern and connected strategy to land content supporting the modern employee experience and amplifying the impact of Microsoft’s productivity solutions across multiple innovative mediums. You will partner with internal EUSE/CSE teams and Product Groups alike to enable this cohesive and connected communications strategy. You will also work closely with the EUSE leadership team to define and prioritize key messaging.
- Lead, create and execute the EUSE internal and external story telling vision, strategy, and overall plan.
- Work with world-class engineering and business teams to create compelling, energy-generating content supporting key strategic messages and highlighting EUSE’s vision to enable Microsoft employees, customers, and partners to be the most creative, innovative, and productive in the world by transforming how we work and collaborate across physical and digital experiences.
- Envision and drive communications related experiments to test out new ideas and formulate innovative communications solutions.
- Help build effective channels, strategies, media, and methods to reach different roles and geos across EUSE.
- Establish listening channels to gather feedback and metrics to evaluate communications efficacy.
- Build a communications library of stories and presentation materials using a multi-model approach.
- Develop a clear and engaging rhythm of communication stemming from the overall EUSE communication plan.
- Develop and support a multi-channel communications plan and messaging framework for the EUSE leadership team.
- Provide executive communication support including, employee communications, internal & external communications, key messages, presentations, meetings, and profile development.
- Deliver executive-level work products including scripts, speeches, videos, and social media amplification plans.
- Collaborate with the Office of the CDO to align strategic story telling opportunities and priorities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Communications, Business, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 7 years’ minimum experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Technical Writing, Business Management, or Journalism.
- An available portfolio of writing samples demonstrating your communications and storytelling strength.
- Outstanding verbal, written and visual communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex technical/non-technical issues and deliver compelling information to both internal and external audiences.
- Passion for communications, creativity and storytelling, including utilization of new channels, strategies, multimedia and other tools are effective to inform and engage people.
- Proven track record in developing communication plans with technical/engineering partners and landing key messages for diverse internal and external audiences at all levels.
- Advanced organizational skills, cross-organizational collaboration, and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High interpersonal awareness, ability to impact and influence, and behaving with both a customer-obsessed mindset, while maintaining a team-first attitude.
- The ability to manage multiple communications projects simultaneously and drive strong, inclusive work-back plans.
- Experience supporting senior leaders through executive level presentations, speeches, social media content, and customer engagements.
- Experience developing listening systems (via social media platforms or other) and measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications, adjusting communications plans, as necessary.
- Eye for graphic design and multi-media creative content.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Teams.
- MBA or advanced degree.
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.