PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
Who We’re Looking For
- Implement team-wide standards and procedures for mature development practices and engineering excellence, with a focus on quality, predictability, repeatability, and scalability
- Collaborate with Product to deliver an ambitious roadmap on time and with high quality
- Identify and implement initiatives to support Engineering Managers and Tech Leads, and to streamline their workloads
- Recruit, onboard, develop, mentor, and retain high-performing and diverse talent for the team, focusing on senior engineering staff – Engineering Managers, Tech Leads, and Senior Engineers
- Oversee management of overall platform architecture with senior engineering staff
- Track and manage engineering KPIs to objectively assess and tune team performance
- Build a culture of craftsmanship, ownership, innovation, accountability and fairness
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
4+ years of experience managing the software development life cycle for a team
4+ years of experience managing a team with direct reports
5+ years of experience as a as a developer, QA, or sysadmin/ops on a software engineering team
- Experience managing managers, and coordinating cross-team efforts/initiatives
- Experience designing distributed systems for cloud-based microservices architecture
- Experience working cross-functionally with business team leaders to balance feature delivery and technical investment
- Strong CS fundamentals in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Proven experience leading technical projects and delivering on ambitious goals
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles and tradeoffs
- Fluency in one or more general purpose programming language including but not limited to: Python, Java, Go, C#, C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and experience working with executive management teams
Other jobs you may like
Job Title: Chief Engineer, Director of Engineering
Job Code: IMS20202109-50837
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
L3Harris Sonoma EO, located in Santa Rosa, CA is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
We are looking for a Division Chief Engineer to lead WESCAM USA’s multi-disciplinary engineering organization in developing complex electro-optical infrared systems, laser rangefinders and designators, and solid state laser components. The Division Chief Engineer accomplishes results through the leadership and direction of Department Managers that manage engineers spanning locations at Santa Rosa CA, Orlando FL, and Hilton Head, SC and collaboration with Sector and Segment Engineering leadership and engineering counterparts at other L3Harris divisions. The Division Chief Engineer serves as our primary engineering interface with company leadership, internal stakeholders, and external customers. The ideal candidate works effectively with other leaders in Program Management, Operations, Business Development, Finance, Human Resources, and Executive Leadership, supporting near-term business objectives while maintaining a long-term vision for the organization. Primary responsibilities include people management and development, engineering program execution, proposal review, staffing, and budget management.
- Ensures accurate and complete proposals through conducting and approving technical baseline reviews, proposal cost reviews, and proposal bases of estimate
- Manages cost, schedule, and technical program performance for engineering programs and projects
- Conducts and approves gate reviews, including SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, and TRR
- Identifies and manages program risks
- Resolves technical issues, including conducting root cause corrective action analysis
- Forecasts and fulfills Division Engineering staffing demands
- Develops the engineering staff through training, engagement, and active development plans and external hiring
- Advises subordinate staff members on how they may achieve their individual and business objectives
- Assesses employee performance and performs compensation planning, promotions, and recognition and rewards
- Drives continuous improvement & quality accountability through productivity and quality measures, process training, and process rigor
- Develops and manages develops Divisional Engineering budgets, including operating requirements, training, equipment, and material purchases
- Makes significant improvements in processes and systems through the implementation of a long-term strategy, identification and implementation of best practices, and alignment with Sector and Segment Engineering initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. Master’s Degree or higher preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience
- Knowledge spanning multiple engineering disciplines
- Proven experience managing large engineering teams
- Management and leadership background leading full lifecycle developments, executing performance appraisals, managing staffing allocation, process leadership, and career development
- Experience presenting to small groups and large audiences
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Other jobs you may like
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a senior engineering management team developing and implementing processes and products to sustain Honeywell’s growth in the marketplace. You will lead, empower and motivate engineering teams responsible for the design and development of products and systems that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will strategically plan and lead large teams involved in major programs and critical technical initiatives. You will work effectively across geographical boundaries and act as a change agent. You will analyze the market for competitive intelligence information and develop new growth opportunities.
- Employee development
- Customer interaction
- Requirements & Architecture Definition
- Talent management
- Strategy development
- Senior leadership interaction
- Strategic planning
- Portfolio management
- Key project reviews
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 5 years of experience leading groups of people who have hardware and software teams
- 10+ years of experience with New Product Development
- Significant leadership experience preferably in an international, multi-site and multicultural business environment
- Advanced degree in engineering or related filed, business degree is a plus
- Extensive engineering experience
- Product development expertise, from idea generation to product launch
- Competence to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Market focused mindset and ability to anticipate changes in customer’s needs
- Strategic thinking and effective management implementation on complex projects
- Proven track record of successful cross functional experiences
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness, even in the face of complexity
JOB ID: HRD101017
Location: 2327 Commerce St #200,Houston,Texas,77002,United States
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.