- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Consumer experience in the kids space.
- 10 years of experience in Product Management: product launches, writing PRDs/MRDs, and shipping products.
- Experience in communication with internal teams, press, and industry/government organizations.
- Experience building innovative products for kids and families.
About the job
As a Director of Product Management, Google Kids and Families, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of how parents and their kids use, learn, play, and develop lifetime habits around how to use technology. In this role, you will drive a group of talented Product Managers, working with a passionate group of engineers and designers in the Kids and Families team, stakeholders, and product teams across Google, as well as with content creators and developers building products for kids around the world.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Serve as the product leader for the Kids and Families Product Management team, which includes our kids and families account infrastructure team, our Family Link product team, and our Enrichment team.
- Define the vision and strategy for how Google’s products should work for kids and their parents, which includes defining how to drive step changes in accounts and engagement, and how to improve the way kids and their parents interact with technology.
- Work with our legal and compliance teams to ensure that our products are designed and built in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Partner with the Google Kids and Families team as well as teams across Google to set, promote, and execute on a vision.
- Represent the Kids and Families team and Google in external events, with public interest groups and governments.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.