- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of product management or related experience.
- Experience with technical matters related to role: big data sets, data infrastructure, analytics, etc.
- Experience building and leading teams.
- Experience in product management and leading teams.
- Experience adapting to complex and shifting competitive environments.
- Ability to inspire and motivate your team, as well as other teams, to work together as a cohesive and highly productive unit.
- Ability to collaborate with teams internally and externally, building relationships and negotiating effectively when needed.
- Ability to adopt a strategic mindset in tackling challenges and developing long-term, sustainable solutions.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
About the job
As the Director for Geo Core Data, you will directly contribute to Google’s overarching mission to map the world and make our maps universally accessible and useful. You will lead a product team composed of senior-level product managers, influencing a large engineering org and working collaboratively across product and engineering teams within Geo. You will oversee our strategy around building maps and POI data, from country borders and water bodies to roads, buildings and businesses across the globe. This requires close collaboration with upstream teams that provide raw source data such as imagery, sensor streams and user generated content, and downstream teams that consume our maps, including Google Maps, local search, and external APIs. You will also be responsible for owning the roadmap for Geo Core Data-in the short term, this means operational excellence, setting goals and solidifying relationships with engineering and operations counterparts, and in the long term, involves leading with ambitious strategy, vision and innovation for how Geo approaches data in the years to come.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Lead a sizable product team composed of senior-level product managers, influencing a large engineering org and working collaboratively across product and engineering teams within Geo.
- Oversee our strategy around building maps and POI data, from country borders and water bodies to roads, buildings and businesses across the globe.
- Be responsible for owning the roadmap for Geo Core Data.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.