AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Director, CNS Consumer Marketing Lead, VRAYLAR
- A Developmental Strategic Leader. You will lead overall development of Consumer stakeholder strategy, including strategic brand positioning, target audience identification and segmentation, brand strategic imperatives, launch plan development and execution for VRAYLAR, an atypical antipsychotic indicated for the treatment of Bipolar I disorder (mania, mixed, and depressive episodes) and schizophrenia.
- An Analytical Thinker. You will identify and crystalize strategic insights through deep understanding and analysis of market landscape, patient unmet needs, migraine patient journey, competitive dynamics and positioning, while focusing on product profile development that will drive significant adoption and differentiation for patients in the migraine preventive treatment market.
- A Strategic Leader. You will lead key brand prioritizations and strategic decisions as part of an Integrated Brand Team (IBT) while striving to achieve internal processes that accurately reflect brand opportunity and providing the necessary analysis and support for business needs, e.g. Strategic Brand Plan; Long Range Plan; Lifecycle Management
- Function as the Consumer-focused commercialization lead throughout market research and analytics planning, patient and HCP advisory boards, patient targeting and segmentation, sales force strategic planning, training and execution planning for patient focused materials.
- Lead development of planning and investment strategy for multichannel marketing Direct-to-Consumer advertising, brand promotion and media plans. Develop analytics and track plans of key performance indicators and return on investment analysis to maximize brand growth and revenue for the company. Drive innovative approaches and strategies to reaching and supporting patients to adopt VRAYLAR and increase loyalty of customers. Develop comprehensive patient support customer relations marketing (CRM) programs to help patients’ sample, start and stay on VRAYLAR.
- Develop compelling presentations to convey strategies to broad sets of stakeholder audiences, including senior executives, cross-functional leadership teams, and cross-functional partners for understanding and support of brand plans.
- Offer leadership, mentorship and guidance to brand team members throughout commercialization and launch process, instilling excitement and motivation for development of high performing teams.
- Act as key contributor and presenter for internal brand strategic planning, field force launch and plan of action
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with a successful track record in pharmaceutical marketing – strong analytical and strategic marketing skills
- Previous experience in Strategic Brand Development, In-line Marketing, marketing consulting roles, and/or consumer healthcare focused advertising and promotion role
- Experience in strategic positioning of products for success within competitive environments
- Scientific acumen & therapeutic understanding, with the ability to analyze complex datasets
- Strong financial acumen with a good understanding of P&L drivers and the ability to develop appropriate investment & sales forecasts
- Deep understanding and experience of US market access environments
- Experience with launch &/or on-market commercial teams an advantage
- Experience working within matrix-based teams and project management
- Experience managing mass media DTC promotional programs on well-established consumer facing product(s)
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.