The Director of IT Vendor Management is accountable for applying the IT Vendor Management strategy to meet enterprise and divisional business goals with Humana’s top tier strategic vendors. To lead the implementation of this new strategic supplier management team, this position will need to use their supplier management transformation experience to drive the strategic vendor management agenda in pursuit of identifying and mitigating supplier risk while simultaneously building a more transparent, centralized, and standardized methodology for maximizing the benefits delivered through our key strategic supplier relationships.
The Director of IT and will provide thought leadership and guidance regarding leading supplier management practices and will also lead a team of 4-6 IT Vendor Management Leads.
The Director, IT Vendor Management investigates available hardware and software products; evaluates and recommends products based on user requirements. Coordinates with the procurement function to interview, select, and negotiate with hardware and software vendors in order to purchase the appropriate equipment at the lowest cost. Reviews licenses and/or contracts to ensure that hardware and software equipment is covered by the contract and properly documented. Oversees the information technology vendor relationship and delivery of outsourced services. Supports the information technology function, evaluates vendor performance, needs assessment, spend optimization and risk management. Directs the lifecycle activities for existing contracts. Identifies new technology solutions and works closely with internal business partners to forecast future needs and to develop cost effective strategies aligned with business objectives. Drives the strategy and selection of vendors. Coordinates the negotiation and execution of contracts with the Legal and Contracts departments. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Decisions are typically related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the function and supporting technical/operational procedures and processes, and implements strategic plans, drives goals and objectives, and improves performance. Provides input into functions strategy.
Experience and Characteristics
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; MBA highly desired with background in purchasing, finance, and/or commercial or business law
- 10+ years of business experience, preferably in IT, with a strong background in people management, supplier relationship management, financial responsibility, and business decision-making.
- In-depth exposure and experience of working with third party sourcing relationships and success in driving improvements in supplier performance and compliance
- Experience developing and deploying supplier management strategies and new delivery models
- Leadership positions held in corporate/enterprise transformation roles
- Proven ability in delivering operational outcomes at an enterprise level
- Demonstrable successful experience in delivering large scale transformation
- Solid conflict resolution skills
- Must work well in a matrixed environment.
- Vendor Management Experience
- Customer service focus
- Relationship building & influence
- Thought Leadership
Scheduled Weekly Hours