Job Number: 4461
Requisition Number: R2908
External Description: At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Polaris District Retail Manager will deliver world-class value to Polaris consumers and dealers, partnering with dealers and internal stakeholders to leverage our market leader position, scale, and resources to drive leading customer experience, profitable growth and effective, efficient OEM-dealer interactions.
The District Retail Manager will develop and maintain strong dealer relationships to meet and exceed corporate and district sales objectives for retail growth, increasing market share and upgrading the dealer network while projecting a professional image on behalf of Polaris. In this role, the DRM will successfully influence and partner with dealers to ensure consumers’ retail needs are met.
This Polaris District Retail Manager will support the following district in the Rocky Mountain region: E. Idaho
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Partner daily with powersports dealerships to strengthen relationships, build influence, enhance retail, drive Polaris & dealer profitability and improve the end user experience.
- Drive industry-leading customer experience through each stage of shopping, buying and owning cycle
- Responsible for improving the dealer network through prospecting open markets and facilitating upgrades within the dealer network where needed.
Wholegood Retail (Off Road Vehicle + SNOW), PG&A, F&I, Service:
- Set effective and market appropriate stocking profiles for wholegood and PG&A
- Strategically influence dealers’ showrooms through walk-the-store, merchandising, and point-of-purchase to reflect seasonal consumer programs and market needs
- Conduct ongoing trainings on sales process and product for dealers and promote dealer certification program
- Execute traffic and closing plans to maximize retail through traditional and digital retail planning
- Lead showroom merchandising and accessorizing strategies to improve overall retail experience for consumers
- Leverage 3rd party partnerships to maximize PII’s competitive advantage, yielding improved dealer profitability and consumer experiences, in-store and digitally
- Create consistent demand through proper merchandising that yields accessory attachment growth
- Assist dealers and corporate stakeholders to plan and execute floorplans, merchandising, and corresponding Wholegood and PG&A stocking profiles
- Monitor and drive Polaris branding requirements
- Review speed and quality processes with dealers around detractor engagement
- Work with dealers to assess deficiencies on critical customer expectations (i.e. digital, in-store experience) and drive positive change through training
Business Partnership & Communication:
- Effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate superior follow-through; be the face and voice of Polaris in-store and act as voice-of-the-field to internal stakeholders
- Identify and communicate and influence action with dealer profitability and value-add to consumers
- Problem-solve for rapid issue resolution, driving win-win-win approach for consumers, dealers and Polaris
- Identify and elevate competitive shifts and proactively implement countermeasures as necessary
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years’ field sales and retail sales or dealership experience with proven track record preferred
- 3-5 years’ sales administration, distribution and customer service experience
- Knowledge of a distribution network strategy
- Must possess highly effective influence and relationship-building skills, excellent at customer service
- Analytical and sales oriented – able to craft a strategic sell-in based on demonstrated profitability and productivity measures
- Proficient in all MS Office software suite
- Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to Multi Task, can manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Light Mechanical aptitude, hands-on – willing to roll up sleeves
- Entrepreneurial, independent, self-starter
Strongly Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred (Business, Marketing)
- Powersports Industry Knowledge
- Polaris business and product knowledge
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris product
- Dealer management system (DMS) knowledge
- Remote/home-office work environment, with travel
- Travel required up to 80% for meetings, region travel or customer events
- Some travel to remote locations and corporate functions may be required
- Reports to Regional Sales Manager
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: grand junction
Community / Marketing Title: District Retail Manager – E. Idaho
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: grand junction, Colorado US