A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve short and long-term business objectives: 10%
- Utilize field visits and individual or group meetings and telephone contacts to: 50%
- Train and develop employees in sales skills, product knowledge, teamwork, time and territory management, competitive knowledge, and career goals pursuits
- Coordinate sales efforts
- Communicate corporate, divisional, regional and/or district mission, goals and activities
- Direct and motivate personnel to achieve unit and revenue goals
- Provide ongoing feedback/coaching and regularly schedule performance reviews
- Implement corrective actions when necessary
- Assist employees with individual development plans (IDPs)
- Apply customer focused quality (CFQ) concepts
- Provide overall management of district assets including: 10%
- Developing and managing budgets and forecasts
- Ensuring efficient, effective use of inventory and expenses
- Negotiating and resolving price and contract issues (with reps, accounts,regional management and home office personnel)
- Coordinate efforts with sales reps and managers of other product lines to diversify and maximize overall Medtronic teamwork results: 10%
- Develop ethical, long-term customer relationships and represent Medtronic management to customers: 10%
- Recruit and interview candidates to maintain a strong personnel “bench,” hire top candidates for open positions, and meet workplace diversity goals : 5%
- Provide feedback of marketing intelligence to sales and marketing Management: 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of medical sales experience; or
- Advanced Degree and 3 years of medical sales and leadership experience
Nice to Have
- Successful medical sales record, preferably with RTG products
- Experience with sales and personnel management functions
- Knowledge of RTG assigned product/therapy customer base
- Additional experience in marketing, training, technical services or related areas
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer for extended periods of time, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Required to do computer based work for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to hear, see and speak fluently
- Must be able to travel extensively by car and plane
- Must be able to sit, stand 8 hours/day
- Must be able to wear lead apron for long periods of time (2-3hrs on average)
- Must be able to operate a moving vehicle
- Must be able to work in OR and/or Hospital Labs with radiation exposure
- Must be ableto conduct company business outside of the typical Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, work-schedule
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.