Leads CVG service related activities and programs to efficiently optimize resources, deliver customer value and deliver exceptional service. Drive execution of key CVG initiatives to achieve Group, BU and Regional level goals. Partner with regional management teams to achieve implant, revenue and expense goals for assigned geography. Manage, develop and motivate service employees to deliver unsurpassed patient care, physician/AHP service and technical expertise in the hospital, clinic and other care settings.
A DAY IN THE LIFE: POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to coordinate, develop and execute strategies to achieve short and long term business objectives especially related to service activities and programs.
- Works with district(s)/territories/Regional Sales Coordinators to ensure efficient and effective scheduling of CRDM implant and follow-up coverage for assigned geography.
- Partners with sales team to drive key service initiatives and provide service assessments via periodic business reviews, RFPs, etc. that highlight the value of Medtronic service to our customers.
- Lead and drive changes focused on service burden reduction and new service models.
- Work with regional and district leadership to align resources based on business priorities and appropriate service demands.
- Partner with district management teams to achieve business objectives, execute on CVG strategies, implant, revenue and expense goals.
- Drive cross BU support for key CVG programs/needs.
- Manage the CVG Champions Program to ensure proper execution of BU expectations. Drive accountability through adherence to deadlines and timely documentation of Champion related activities in Salesforce.com and completion of other stated deliverables.
- Manages Service Team to deliver unsurpassed service, technical expertise and support the achievement of implant and revenue goals.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to direct reports; provides regular performance reviews and implements corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist employees with individual development planning.
- Responsible Clinical Specialist recruiting and hiring. Continually work to maintain a strong, diverse bench of Clinical Specialist talent for future hiring opportunities.
- Business Discipline: Sales support, inventory/OPC, credentialing, expense management, data privacy, PO pendings, warranty credits and required training
- Ensure efficient, effective use of inventory, expenses and assets
- Apply Customer Focused Quality Concepts
MUST HAVE – BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years of successful professional experience OR
- 2 years of experience directly managing employees in a healthcare organization
NICE TO HAVE – DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Medtronic experience in role that interacts with CVG field organization
- Knowledge of local cardiac customer base
- Knowledge of Cardiac Rhythm Management service coverage requirements for implants and follow-ups
- Experience in sales, marketing, training, healthcare, technical services or related areas in the medical device industry
- Training and experience with Lean Sigma principles
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Experience in a healthcare related discipline
- Ability to learn and understand technical aspects of business
- Ability to manage, coach and develop managers and employees
- Capable of critical/strategic thinking; ability to execute strategy
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent required travel to customer clinics, hospitals and offsite meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- The employee must be able to travel by air or car or other mode of transportation.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.