- 7 years of Procurement Lifecycle experience, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Sourcing, Supplier Management, Vendor Management or Purchasing.
- Supplier Diversity experience.
- Change management experience, managing multiple priorities.
- Experience collaborating, coaching and guiding a diversity of partners.
- Ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with third party partners.
- Ability to create an inclusive environment that fosters team safety, belonging and performance.
- Ability to communicate complex findings and new initiatives to senior leaders, team members and partners.
- Ability to deliver on team goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
As the Diverse Supplier Development Manager, you will expand and develop our pool of diverse suppliers from communities that have been traditionally underrepresented in tech, with a focus on US black and native-owned suppliers. You will work closely with our Procurement category, enablement and sourcing teams to identify development goals for suppliers and help them be ready to do business with Google. You will also look to how Google can aid the field at scale in the development of diverse suppliers in tech. This work will help us achieve our goal of racial equity and equity across our supplier base.
- Develop deep knowledge of the capabilities and development opportunities for Google’s existing and potential Diverse Suppliers.
- Create a framework to measure and track diverse supplier capabilities and capacity development across relevant evaluation dimensions.
- Develop and manage diverse supplier development plans, partnering closely with team members and stakeholders to ensure targeted focus in line with procurement strategies and opportunity pipeline.
- Develop an understanding of internal and external ecosystem of diverse business/supplier development, capacity building and related programs to and design programs to support the advancement of Diverse suppliers.
- Manage lifecycle of Diverse Suppliers and define strategies and plans, metrics and measures of success.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.