- 90 days+ demonstrated case assistant experience using case management systems, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan.
Amazon’s Disability & Leave Services (DLS) team in the HR Services organization is building a best-in-class case management The Employee Response team is dedicated to customer response and provides a variety of Disability and Leave services via phone, chat, and web based self-service. This team plays a critical role in customer issue resolution, as well as the continuous learning and improvement of the larger DLS organization. The team is committed to responding to employee issues and concerns, and provides key communication to Amazon employees.
Employee Response team members are subject matter experts who handle the most complex cases. They apply their deep functional knowledge combined with their excellent judgement skills to make decisions about the best course of action in ambiguous cases where the correct path is unclear. They are relentlessly customer obsessed and do whatever is necessary to drive the best customer experience. They demonstrate ownership in everything they do, including owning issues to resolution, owning the customer experience that the employee response team provides, and owning the larger success of the DLS organization.
- Assist customers via call, case, and chat that are transferred to them by Front-line associates, or directly received
- Adhere to defined processes and ensure delivery in accordance with set quality standards
- Take ownership of complex and escalated cases.
- Conduct extensive research and use subject matter expertise to drive the right solution, advocate for customers, and own the solution until it is resolved.
- Team members gain DLS knowledge in system operation and policy application to appropriately address concerns and questions
- Ability to navigate in the DALI system
- Recommend changes to policies, SOPs, FAQs, scripts, and training to assist the L3 Employee Response in the resolution of contacts
- Work closely with partner teams to keep up-to-date on process changes, partner for quick resolution of cross-functional issues, and consult to improve processes
- Document each contact, including reason for contact, root cause, information provided, and resolution
- Promote customer use of self-service options whenever they are available
- Escalate high impact/mass issues to leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional or military experience.
- One year of experience in Human Resources or Customer Service
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
- 1+ years of related experience in a leave of absence and/or disability claim management role
- Knowledge of federal or state Leave and Disability regulations, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
- Experience working multiple projects or cases independently in environment with changing priorities
- Experience working with confidential information
- SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
- Experience providing case management services for a large, multi-state employer or on behalf of a carrier/TPA with clients in multiple states
- Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
- Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or employee matters
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.