At McKesson Medical-Surgical we are building an ecommerce team that will drive growth for the company and improved customer experience for consumers in the healthcare and medical supply space. We are seeking an eCommerce Content Specialist to join our team in Richmond, VA.
The eCommerce Content Specialist must be passionate about delivering great customer experiences with product content. This is a new position with McKesson Medical Surgical, an established leader in the medical supply distribution business. Our Consumer Markets team is in the early stages of building a top of line ecommerce offering, with both Marketplaces and DotCom presence, to serve a growing consumer market. The Marketing Content Specialist works cross functionally with others across marketing, merchandising, and also across business units, to plan, manage and deliver content across our catalog that informs and engages our consumers. This hands-on position leverages experience with both written and visual content creation and reports to the Director, Ecommerce Marketing.
- Create A+/enhanced product content for use on marketplaces using your content creation skills across multiple content types including written word, graphics, photo manipulation etc.
- Partner with merchandising partners to ensure we meet projected product launch goals across marketplaces.
- Collaborate with marketers to create product/display ads as needed
- Implement SEO best practices for marketplaces that improve organic rank across multiple platforms including Amazon, Walmart, Ebay
- Report on essential content creation and delivery KPIs
- Engage with 3rd party content creation vendors to review and manage their deliveries and ensure style and content accuracy.
- Coordinate with PIM team on essential product content creation and delivery
2+ years relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in eCommerce content development for marketplaces and/or dotcom sites
- 2+ years experience with Photoshop, content management, SEO and PIM tools
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Catalog, Advertising and Product Content creation experience
- Self-directed with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable about content implications for marketplace algorithms
- Experience improving product rank across Marketplace channels through content optimization
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.