- 6+ years sales experience in the Education vertical or related field
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale purchasing contracts or software agreements
- Experience in positioning and selling innovative solutions to new customers and market segments
- Proven track record in identifying and pursuing a large number of accounts over the phone, with ability to close in person
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment
The Amazon Business for Education team is dedicated to developing solutions inclusive of an expanded online store that combines the selection, convenience, and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to customers in the K-12 Education sector.
Customer Advisors are responsible for supporting long-term strategic customer relationships following an initial on-boarding and stabilization period. The primary areas of responsibility include broadening solution adoption through institution-wide deployment, feature adoption, and developing relationships with buying decision makers across functional areas such as Procurement, Information Technology, Facilities, and more. Customer Advisors will also support large complex customer engagements requiring additional deployment support.
The Customer Advisor will ensure recommended solutions meet our customer’s procurement needs and will recommend approaches and alternatives that fit their environment, including but not limited to contracting and competitive requirements unique to public institutions, eProcurement integration, advanced payment, and automated reconciliation processes. The candidate will work closely with customers to manage deployment and ensure that our solutions are successfully adopted.
The ideal candidate will have relevant K-12 Education consultative sales experience and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding program goals and revenue targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Account Engagement that helps customers design and implement solutions that solve educational procurement challenges
- Drive and accelerate spend adoption through advising customers on best practices for using Amazon Business solutions
- Deliver accurate weekly reporting on growth pipeline and customer spend adoption
- Work closely with sales team and sales leadership to provide status updates and insights learned during deployment
- Focus on automating as many service needs for customers and work with Product Management and Technical teams to develop solutions that will increase solution adoption
- Meet or exceed targets for customer and/or feature spend adoption
- Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management, Technical and Category Management teams
- This role can based in one of the following locations: Seattle, WA; Arlington, VA; Herndon, VA; New York City, NY; Austin, TX; Boston, MA
- Knowledge of procurement (e.g., Public Sector contracting practices at the district and school levels) and source to pay processes and solutions · Active listener and effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Proven ability to influence others and lead customer engagements
- Ownership, Bias for Action and willingness to roll up your sleeves · Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
- BA/BS degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.