As An EH&S Manager, you are responsible for;
- Lead environmental, health and safety issues at multiple sites simultaneously, including multi-tenant campuses across the globe.
- Conduct formal and systematic reviews of functional and campus operations and activities to determine applicability of federal, state, local and TE Connectivity environment, health and safety regulations and requirements
- Provide regular reports to the Senior Management & Corporate EH&S Leaders regarding compliance status, the cost of compliance and the results of audits and inspections
- Facilitate and monitor internal inspections required by OSHA, EPA, NRA, PADEP, and AIG Insurance.
- Prepare external environmental reports and permit updates for RCRA, NPDES, LASA, SARA Tier II and TRI. Maintain air emission inventory and quarterly ventilation evaluations.
- Regularly monitor and report leading environment, health and safety key performance indicators to the local operations team, and as needed, segment EHS leaders.
- Measure, monitor, and analyze safe and at-risk behaviors; and introduce, for management & employees, initiatives that promote safe behaviors and correct at-risk behaviors
- Lead monthly meetings with each department’s leadership team to offer support, ensure compliance and solicit buy-in for new and existing health and safety, environment and energy conservation programs
- Facilitate risk assessments related to tasks performed (Job Hazard Analysis, Machine Guarding, Ergonomics, PPE, Industrial Hygiene, Non-routine work), new equipment introductions and process changes to recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures
- Facilitate root cause investigations for recordable & environmental incidents, and selected near misses, unsafe acts or unsafe conditions (i.e., with a high potential severity and/or likelihood)
- Maintain OSHA 300 and 300A logs, evaluate incidents for trends and introduce, for management consideration, recommendations for new policies and practices
Click here to learn more about Life at TE
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in OHS, IH, or Environmental Science, Master’s degree a plus. Professional certifications a plus (e.g., CSP, CIH, CMM, MESH).
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in EH&S, preferably in a manufacturing facility. Background in a fast-paced environment, simultaneously working on multiple projects that may involve several stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) law and regulations for General Industry in North Carolina required
- Experience with industrial hygiene, preferred
- Interest in personal and professional growth
This position is located at our Middletown, Pennsylvania site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.