Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around September 2020 and continue through the entire Fall semester (i.e. December 2020) or into early 2021 if available. Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the teams
The Tesla Energy Projects team is responsible for the successful deployment and management of Tesla’s cutting edge Energy Storage Systems; Powerwall, Powerpack, Megapack, Solar, Solar Roof, Supercharger.
We’re looking for a driven, motivated and collaborative engineers to join us to help accelerate the works transition to sustainable energy. As part of the team you’ll work across the organization, solving problems to ensure the success of our products.
As you continue to discover your passion and strengths in navigating your career path, you can be part of one of our internship programs within the following Energy Projects Engineering teams:
- Power Systems Modelling: Focused on modelling the impact that Tesla’s Energy Storage Systems will have on the power grid and working with customers on system modelling and interconnection studies.
- Project Deployment: Be part of the team that puts projects in the ground; the project deployment team is responsible for managing Tesla’s project deployments on a day-to-day basis.
- Project Design: Responsible for delivering best in class project designs and templates for Tesla’s Solar and Energy Storage projects
- Application Engineering: Figuring out how to successfully manage Tesla’s Microgrids is one of the jobs of the Application engineering team; Applications Engineering solves many of the SCADA and controls problems our customers face.
- Project Engineering: Working with customers throughout the project lifecycle, the Project Engineering team touches all parts of the Tesla Energy product and project offering from sales engineering through commissioning.
- Service Engineering: Responsible for the maintenance of the Fleet Health of Tesla’s deployed Energy Storage and Supercharger fleets using data engineering and first principles product knowledge.
- Currently working towards a degree in a relevant program such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Construction Management or Mechatronics
- Be able to complete a 12 -week internship program
- Relocate to Palo Alto, CA
- Must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Partner alongside engineers and various cross functional team members to build, manage, perform and support various aspects of real time projects
- Develop applications to support various functions across teams
- Promote engineering best practices
- Independent and driven to react quickly to changing business strategy
- Leverage your existing skills while learning and implementing new technologies
- Identify additional areas of opportunity and means for knowledge sharing practices across teams
- Power Systems Modelling: Experience using power system modelling software such as PSCAD
- Project Deployment: Experience with renewable energy deployment and construction a plus
- Project Design: Experience with project design standard, site and product layouts, and CAD
- Application Engineering: Solid Electrical engineering first principles, with experience with renewable energy storage systems technologies a plus
- Project Engineering: Solid Electrical engineering first principles, with experience with renewable energy storage systems project/program management a plus
- Service Engineering: Programming (Python, SQL) and solid electrical engineering first principles