Northrop Grumman Space Systems is searching for an experienced Engineer Reliability to join our Systems Engineering team within the Launch Vehicle business unit at the Chandler, AZ facility.
The Engineer Reliability will:
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations (hardware reliability predictions using MIL-HDBK-217 or equivalent as a guide, software reliability predictions using recommended industry practices, and Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis using MIL-STD-1629 as a guide) at the launch vehicle system, assembly and component (piece-part) levels.
- Support evaluation of launch vehicle systems and associated Built in Test (BIT) hardware / software to maximize failure mode test coverage and minimize potential for BIT false alarm
- Evaluate and score hardware/software nonconformance reports to identify failures and use the data to calculate acceptance screening and corrective action effectiveness values and perform/support demonstrated reliability assessments.
- Coordinate with various engineering organizations to assign and plan the methods and detailed activities to demonstrate required product reliability performance.
- Analyze customer requirements and manage cost/schedule to develop reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer and government agency reliability objectives.
- 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a security clearance (SECRET level minimum)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics or statistics.
- Ability to discuss technical terms with design engineers of several disciplines to understand function to correlate the function to reliability terms.
- Self-driven to complete studies independently and be able to present the results to a wide variety of audiences.
- 2 years of experience, including experience performing reliability and FMEA / FMECA analyses.
- Computer skills including use if MS Excel, Word and Power point.
- 4 or more years of experience performing reliability FMEA / FMECA analyses is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of statistics with functional knowledge of Bayesian statistical methods highly desired.
- Experience performing Probabilistic Risk Assessments (PRA) a plus.
- Experience using Reliability and Statistical Software (Relex / Windchill Quality Solutions, R, MATLAB/Python, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of launch vehicle systems, devices and control theory a major plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.