- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in software engineering.
- 5 years of experience managing teams of software engineers.
- Database or data analytics engineering experience.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science.
- Experience creating/developing software to a continuous delivery pipeline and driving business impact.
- Experience with distributed systems and a cloud computing environment.
- Experience operating cross-functionally within organizations.
- Ability to drive key product innovations and opportunities within the engineering organization. Ability to represent and promote complex business or technical concepts internally and externally.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
About the job
As Engineering Director of Memorystore in Google Cloud, you will use your business acumen and extensive technical depth to ensure the overall success of Memorystore business for Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will oversee the engineering teams responsible for Google’s in-memory databases products. In this role, you’ll own and operate the services, drive the vision and strategy jointly with Product Managers for the Memorystore business, and help GCP customers build their products on it.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Memorystore engineering organization.
- Track, understand, and interpret key metrics to ultimately make impactful data-driven business decisions.
- Manage, lead, grow a team of engineers and managers to achieve business goals.
- Work cross-functionally (Product Management, Engineering, Marketing) to grow Google Cloud Platform.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.