Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
We are seeking a leader for the Differentiable Programming Languages team which is working on augmenting the Kotlin language with systems for automatic differentiation and tensor typing with the intention to build a platform to power machine learning. This is a rare opportunity to impact a popular and fast growing language, have an impact on the future of machine learning and lead a highly collaborative team.
- Help set technical direction and vision for the team.
- Cohesively support a team of diverse technical talent with varying levels of experience.
- Coach, mentor and grow each team member.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Seek out and build relationships with cross functional partners who have relevant use cases.
- Recruit team members as necessary.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience in coaching and bringing out the best in individuals and the team.
- Experience with building large and complex systems.
- Proven communication skills.
- Background in one of the following programming language areas: compilers, type systems, interpreters.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]