- 3+ years of maintenance experience on mechanical or electrical equipment
- Experience operating electrical or mechanical systems in a mission critical environment (i.e. Data Center, telecom, etc.)
- Experience with building management systems (BMS/EPMS)
- Current, Active US Government Security Clearance at or above the Top Secret Level.
DCEO Engr – AG
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) are Amazon’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchboards/switchgears, UPSs, PDUs, AHUs, pumps, motors, VFDs, and building automation systems. They provide 24/7 shift coverage which could include 12 hour shifts, rotating shifts, 3, 4, or 5 day work weeks.
- Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical, mechanical, emergency generator, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center
- Troubleshoot of facility and rack-level events within internal SLAs
- Perform limited maintenance tasks to including filter changes, HVAC PMs, rack power installs, rack PDU, and rack ATS replacements
- Provide support to Data Center Operations technicians
- Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
- Work a 12 hour shift (rotating 3 and 4 day work weeks days or nights)
- Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment through routine rounds/log taking (temperatures, voltages, currents, etc.)
- Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows and spare part inventory
- Supervise contractors who perform servicing or preventive maintenance
- Respond to off hour emergency calls per on call rotation for any one of the region’s sites
- Fully comply with all physical security procedures and policies
- Drive innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities
- Manipulate small wires and objects
- Perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain
- Work in extreme climates
- Work at heights and from ladders
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 39 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 40 pounds or more
- Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in noisy environments
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 6+ years of Data Center Engineering Experience
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (excel, word) and web-based operational tools
- Familiar with BMS and EPMS control systems and data collection/trending
- Proficient with maintenance management software
- Operating engineering license(s) such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent
- Electrical or mechanical Journeyman License
- CFC license (Universal or minimum Type II)
- NFPA 70E Certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Navy: AD, AE, AT, CE, CM, EM, EMN, ET, ETN, EW, FC, FT, MM, MMN, EN, STG, STS, UT
Army: 15D, 15F, 15X, 15Y, 21P, 21Q, 21R, 31L, 35N, 52C, 52D, 52F
Marines: 612, 613, 1141, 1142, 1161, 6073, 6322, 6323, 6324, 6326, 6332, 6333, 6336, 6337
Air Force: 3E531, 3E631, 3E032, 3E131, 3E331, 3E431, 2M033, 3D136, 3D137, 3E031
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.