Tesla is looking for an exceptional Engineering Technician to help create the next generation of the world’s finest solar roof. You will facilitate the outdoor evaluation of solar roof designs by managing demonstration sites and leading installations. You will also have opportunity to engage in designing demonstration setups, evaluating installations and creating prototypes.
- Lead installs of solar roof tiles and prototypes for design engineering tests
- Accurately record layout changes and installation details in Excel
- Maintain high standards on installation details and aesthetics and advise when compromises need to be made
- Independently find solutions when parts don’t fit as intended
- Roofing, construction, or carpentry experience
- Attentive to detail
- Prompt and dependable, well organized and excellent communication
- Good at figuring things out hands-on
- Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
- Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
- Must meet all OSHA standards for working at heights including:
- Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including various ladders rated for 325lbs.
- Must meet OSHA fall protection standards for at height work limited at 310lbs. Standard 1926.502(d)(16)(v): https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1926/1926.502
- Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection (harness, anchor, ropes, etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310bs.
- Prototyping, shop, or fabrication experience
- Electrical/electronics understanding and experience
- Solar experience
- Photography or drone experience